Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Rejection Dialog Stopped all other Strategies

Hi

As part of my testing today, one of my strategies submitted an order that was rejected by the broker, this caused NinjaTrader to show a sequence of dialog boxes and it looks like untill I had pressed OK on all dialog boxes none of my other strategies where able to function. Only orders that had already been submitted where executed.

Would RealtimeErrorHandling = RealtimeErrorHandling.TakeNoAction; stop these dialogs boxes from popping up and just have an Error logged in the Log?

Thanks

Mike

Hello,

This should nullify the effect of the errors yes.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Brett

That does not seem to work.

I have added RealtimeErrorHandling = RealtimeErrorHandling.TakeNoAction; to the Initialize Method.

I have just forced one of my Strategies to submit an order to that would be rejected and I still get a dialog box popping up.

As this is an automated strategy and will end up running on a hosted server I don't want any UI feedback from the strategy what so ever while it is running, I just want errors to be sent to the Log and I will be alerted via email that the error has occurred.

Ho would I go about disabling all user interface feedback while a strategy is running?

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Mike, if you started working with an unmanaged strategy, you'd have complete control over what happens when errors occur, including taking no action at all.

However, NinjaTrader will not manage you trades for you, and you'll have to code for conditions such as when the connection drops.

You would not get any notifications if your trade is rejected, but you'd also have to tell your strategy explicitly what to do in such an event.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
        45 responses
        3 likes
        Last Post johntraderuser2  
        Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes