Several Alerts Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Alerts Questions...

Have an alert set up on an indicator in Market Analyzer...am not getting any sound upon an alert and seem to be getting a number of alerts showing that do not meet the conditions set...

The video link below will show all settings and what is happening with some market replay data...do I have this set up correctly ??...any suggestions on this...??

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks....

Hello Alfred, thank you for the informative video.

It does seem strange that your cell is triggering when it shouldn't be. Perhaps the Market Analyzer and chart are not synchronized? By that I mean the chart's 4 second bars could be starting at :00 and the MA's 4 second bars are starting at :02, creating a overlap. In the video, it appears the MA is receiving the update before the chart. When you replay at 1x, does this issue occur?

As for the sound.. do the regular NinjaTrader sounds (login sound, order actions (order filled/order canceled/order placed/etc)) work? Have you ever had sound alerts working correctly in your NinjaTrader?
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin...just tried at 1X speed with Replay data and am still getting a number of visual alerts triggered below the alert threshold...all of the other sounds in NT have always worked OK...order entry, cancel,.filled etc....

This is the first time I have tried an alert on an indicator in the Market Analyzer (have tried on several indicators...neither seemed to alert properly)....have also tried on 2 machines and seems to work similar on both...will see what happens tomorrow with real time data...

Did my settings look OK to you ...??
      Can you get alerts to work OK on the same indicator (VolumeUpDown)...??

Thanks....

Update...trying with real time data this afternoon...the visual alerts now seem to be working properly...no false visual alerts below the alert threshold ...I did get 1 sound alert on the first bar that broke through the alert level after starting live data...but after that no sounds on additional breakthoughs of the alert level....could I have something set wrong...??

Additional update....when I disconnect live data and then reconnect...the first alert received will sound OK...but subsequent alerts will not have any sound...tried this twice & it worked the same way both times...(different alert sounds seem to work OK too, when sound does work...)
      Last edited by Alfred; 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Alfred, please try setting the rearm value to 1 and see if that is a sufficient period of time to allow the sound to play again.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin...Monday morning...On the NQ in your VolumeUpDown indicator ...set re-arm to 1 and alert if >50...am getting sound now and cell changing color....but in addition to an alert if actually >50 am getting a number of alerts with sound when definitely <50....

How does this work for you...??
          Last edited by Alfred; 01-17-2011, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Are you running any workspaces in the background or any other instruments or market analyzers that would be sending alerts. As you would not get an alert on this unless the value was above 50. I have a feeling your getting this alert on other instruments in your Market Analyzer window.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Brett...I have just 1 Market Analyzer running on one instrument...(NQ)...have no other alerts running on the 2 workspaces open...

Have you guys set up a Market Analyzer window with alert if >50 for example on the NQ to see how this works for you...??

Thanks....

Below are 2 screen shots...the alerts window shows an alert >50 at 7:39:38am...while the chart shows no volume >50 at that time...and there are other examples of an alert >50 and no volume >50 on the chart at the same time......
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Alfred; 01-17-2011, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Works correctly on my side.

Suggest sending in your workspace to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Workspace sent...thanks....
                  Last edited by Alfred; 01-17-2011, 06:22 PM. Reason: revision

Comment

Recieved them, have followed up with you via email.

Comment

Brett...thanks for your time to review this area....
                      & look forward to a fix on this...

Last edited by Alfred; 01-18-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Update:

We found that the VolumeUpDown indicator cannot be used with the Market Analyzer, you must use volume instead.

Comment

VolumeUpDown is identical to VOL except for histogram colors...perhaps use VOL in Market Analyzer to trigger alerts in a VolumeUpDown chart....the screenshot below shows an example of a sort of work-around way to get alerts on VolumeUpDown and another volume indicator of choice that would not work if these indicators were to be inserted directly into the Market Analyzer...alerts are triggered for the combo by VOL in the Market Analyzer...

Thanks...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Alfred; 01-20-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by JesseOffshore, Today, 09:40 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post JesseOffshore  
                          Started by WHICKED, 04-26-2024, 12:56 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes