Chart date is off by one day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart date is off by one day

I am a new user to NinjaTrader. I have been able to import data from Metastock through the import function. In the historical Data Manager I can see that Last Prices, Volumes etc. have been correctly imported on the correct date. In the Session Manager I have set the default 24/7 session to UTC +1.00 to reflect the Copenhagen time zone. When I create a new chart it is pulling the 24/7 default session, but it is moving the Last Price, Volume etc. to the next day. That is to say that data which has been correctly imported as data from 12. January 2011 is shown on 13. January 2011. Obviously I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions of how to correct this will be appreciated.

Torben,

Thanks for your post.

Are you selecting the correct timezone when importing? This will have effect on how bars are added to the chart.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes the correct time zone har been choosen when importing. Furthermore, I checked that in the historical manager that all data had been imported on the correct date. I noted from other threads that the issue can be that the date is stamped f.ex. 2011-01-12 00:00 (the date I can see in the databox) and due to the default 24/7 session this is treated as 2011-01-13. I have tried to choose other sessions but without any luck. The data I import from Metastock is EOD prices, maybe you could advice, which session template to use, if this is the issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

Further Info

I created a new template session with 5 days (Monday - Friday) hours 9:00 -17:00. This place the close prices etc. under the correct date. But for some reasons on the last date 12-01-2001 it will only show the close price but none of the other indicators. As I only use EOD data I of course also need the indicators to be updated for 12-01-2011. Please see the attachment. What am I doing wrong?
        Attached Files

Comment

Solved

I fixed this. No issue anymore. I justed needed to set the indicator setting CalculateOnBarClose to false.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JoMoon2024  
          Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Massinisa