Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to stopping lag ????

Hi,
    now bare with me, I'm trying to use Ninja here in Afghan' on a wireless connection. I have no choice apart from not trading. I was using PATS feed, but just swapped this week to Zenfire, I had the same lagging problems with PATS too, just now and again.

Pre-market not an issue, seems as the market opens and gets going I'm noticing a lag, not every day, but maybe once or twice a week. I also have another comp' running with Broco - amazing my works managed hard line will allow Broko, but not Zen or PATS feed to connect.

Yesterday was a bad lagging day, I usually have pre-placed limit orders on chart trader (thank goodness held on the exchange) well I start hearing order filled, order filled, what the heck, price bars way away from where my orders were sitting, quick look at Broco, showed the TF had moved big and my Ninja wasn't following yet. All in all, I had up to 3-4 mins of lag built up, it would catch up and then start lagging again. (I was able to get out of the trade watching Broco and placing orders on Ninja:-) Though stopped as soon as I was flat.

Question, sorry for running on.

What or is there anything I can do to help stop the lag ?

I have three charts of TF, 1min, 5min and a daily (can drop that if needed) I also have a 5 min of ES, could put that on Broco I guess) and one DOM running, but it only has one line showing, I use it for net P/L, think I have NQ on that, that way can see P/L on the actual trade with TF, but also net for the day so far on the DOM.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andy

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Ideally you would want to connect NinjaTrader via a hard line connection.

If you are on a network that is connecting to the internet through a proxy server you must follow these instructions in order to ensure that NinjaTrader license checking does not fail.

1. Open the file C:\Program Files\<NinjaTrader Folder>\bin\NinjaTrader.exe.config using MS Notepad or any other text editor
    2. Replace the text "False" with "True"
    3. Save the file
    4. Restart NinjaTrader

NinjaTrader will now use your PC settings for the proxy server.

Please let me know if you are still unable to connect via a hard-wired connection and we will assist further.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chip,
      thank you for responding.

I went through what you said, but the final part to save, would not allow me to "access denied" came up, I'm using reg Ninja 7 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
      Andy

Comment

Hello

It sounds like there may be a directory that is blocking access to these directories. Please send us an email by going to Help > Mail to Support… and check the Log & Trace option. Please also include a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses