Futures merge confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures merge confusion

I am looking at moving from NT 6.5 to NT 7.0.1000.2. I have a large DB that was automatically imported into NT 7. That looks good. In NT 6.5 I manually created a continous contract, e.g. ES_C that I merged the prior data into by hand. That came across fine. When I look at the current ES 03-11 contract and go back a year or so, I notice there is a gap at the RTH close on rollover day - i.e. it is not adjusted, despite having "MergeBackAdjusted" set as a policy. I already have years of minute historical data that is clearly being accessed. What do I have to do to have it merge correctly?

What I want:
    1. Each contract's original data to exist untouched so I can just examine the real data if need be.
    2. To be able to choose whether to chart adjusted data or actual data for a given contract (current or historical) depending on the context.

I simply cannot understand either from the documentation or the threads here what process I need to follow to do this. This was tedious, but possible in NT 6.5 by manual merging into a contract. What do I have to do in NT 7? I do not see a manual merge by date range window anywhere, and I cannot "reload" data because I have real-time tick data saved.

This feature looks great, but I am really confused.

Thanks

Hello zstheorist

Thank you for your post.

For this issue, so that we can see what might be taking place in the background, please send us your log & trace files for the date you experienced this gap issue.

You can send them through the NinjaTrader platform by going to Help > Mail to Support…

It would also help if you can send a screenshot of this chart/gap.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent to support

I've sent them to support, but here is a picture of what I am getting. It does no matter which contract I start with, if I scroll back it does not adjust.

Is there a way to open a chart that does NOT see any old contract data, or is it only a global option?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello zstheorist

OK – please look for this response via email that way we don’t duplicate efforts.

Thank you,
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
        0 responses