Shadow strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow strategy

Ok, i learned what this actually is, and i wanted to get more insight as to why its not working.

I setup a strategy called shadow, and when i trade live( using a different strategy), in the advanced section, i've chosen shadow for my shadow strategy. Now when i do live trades, im under the assumption that the shadow strategy will play out under the sim account, while i trade live with my other strategy in place. But at the end of the day, when i choose the shadow strategy only in the account performance tab( with all accounts checked, instruments and providers checked), it shows 0 trades...

What am i doing wrong?

Hello,

You will see the working orders in the orders tab in the control center on the Sim101 account when you place a live trade.

Please note this only works on live trades only.

Also, when you make a live trade make sure the ATM Strategy you submitted your live order is active and that it has a shadow strategy selected.

No once you submit the live order you should see 2 orders submitted. One to your live account and the other to the Sim101 account.

Comment

If i already am palcing a sim trade at the same time i have a real trade with a shadow strategy, does it still work?

Comment

Hello,

Yes on live, however the simulation account may get an unexpected result. Could double up or netralize a sim account position

Suggested creating another Sim102 account for example for your other simulation trades.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Ok, that could possibly be why i don't see the shadow strategy... I will let you know if it still doesn't work after your suggestions

Comment

Ok, i've done what you suggested, and created another sim account. I see the orders in the shadow strategy, however, when i go in the performance tab, i still dont see any trades. Also, when i choose flatten all, it says order filled, but there are no resting orders( even shadow orders)....

Need a little help here please.

Comment

Hello,

Performance tab will only show once the trade is finished. Then it will show. If you said you see the orders on the Sim101 account you must wait until one of them gets filled to exit the position.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Right, the trade did finish, but it still didn't show up in the account tab.

Comment

Hello,

Whats the last trade you see? It has to show up if you saw the orders in the orders tab on the Sim101 account.

Make sure under the advances options that you have toggled on the Sim accounts in questions.

Also, please change off the account performance tab and then change back to it, goes this refresh he view?

If not in this case I will need trace and log files for today send to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and put ATTN: Brett in the subject line.

You can find these files at the following locations, please attach these to a return email as an attachment
                  My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110114 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
                  My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110114
                  for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post llanqui
                  by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes