My Level II not showing everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Level II not showing everything.

I go to open up a new level II window. Choose QQQQ as my instrument and it only shows the current price bid and ask last close open. does not show any other information. I know the QQQQ has level II. Why is it not showing up. I have IQ feed and it is showing QQQQ level II on another program. So I know its not a feed issue.

Hi olingerc,

Thank you for your post.

If you go to File-->New-->Dynamic SuperDOM can you please view the QQQQ contract within that DOM and please let us know how many levels of depth you receive, or if the DOM does not move and the real-time data for th QQQQ does not populated within the SuperDOM.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

seems to show 11 levels above the spread and 10 levels below the spread. Spread is 1 penny. I see the rows are adjustable. But this isn't exactly giving me the information I want. Yes it shows the volume of the current best bid and the current best ask. But it does not show me the volumes of the 2nd best or 3rd best. Is there a setting for this?

What Im looking for is a multiple tier chart showing best ask/bid at the top and each row lower is the next best ask/bid each level showing the total amount of shares available at that current price. Is this supported?
      Last edited by olingerc; 01-07-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for that information, as I wanted to confirm Level II data with IQFeed was accessible.

Can you please clarify which version of the DTN IQFeed API you are presently using because with NinjaTrader the current supported version is 4.7.1.3.

Also, can you please forward me a screenshot of your Level II window, and SuperDOM so that I can compare to what I see on my end.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

IQ version is 4.0.7.9

Seems to me the Buy and Sell names should be switched. Because you cant buy below the market value. Unless your a market maker. Static Superdom does not work. only dynamic.

My Level II window is just a regular window with the QQQQ. All it shows is the current bid/ask prices close open high and low. Does not show any depth size spread or anything. Just literally the first row.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by olingerc; 01-07-2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

olingerc,

Can you please uninstall your current version of the IQFeed API and then please install the most current supported version from the following link.

Then within NinjaTrader can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and find the qqqq stock, and then please highlight and hit the Delete button to remove that contract.

When finished please re-add that instrument to the database. To add an equity, this can be accomplished by opening a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

Then you will want to add the QQQQ contract to an instrument list, and view it in the Level II window.

As for the Dynamic SuperDOM, that is used for trading of equites and forex and futures, while the Static SuperDOM is used for the trading of futures only.

The columns enable you to place buy and sell orders above and below the market but you will be limited to approved order types relative to the last traded price, such that a buy order below the last traded price must be a limit order. More information at:

Comment

Ok thanks. Downgrading did work. My level II's are working for the Q's currently. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes