Custom events 100 limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom events 100 limit

Following on from this thread. Am I right in saying that any other event resets the count of custom events - e.g. if you had 50 custom then an onbar then 50 custom etc you'd never get this error?

This limit is arbitrary and annoying. It may catch what it needs to, but it catches much more besides. If you have a daily strategy with one onbarupdate per day, you can easily get to 100 custom events if you trigger one every five minutes.

Ninja rarely bothers detecting infinite loops elsewhere in the code - why not get rid of it here too and trust users with their own code?

Dave, your understanding is correct, however we're not sure how you would force a regular event then inbetween...the check is in place for the specific reasons outlined in the thread you cited.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well how about removing it, or putting it as an option.

Three observations -

1. I'm trying to write high performance code, and I'd rather not have unseen code behind the scenes counting my calls and checking against a limit

2. Please trust me to write my own code and not have infinite loops in it. You don't check for infinite loops in loads of other places, so please don't do it behind the scenes here.

3. That thread states there is a significant likelihood that the behaviour is unintended. Well both myself and the OP in that thread do intend it.

Come on guys - if you're serious about Ninja being used professionally treat us like professionals.

Comment

Dave, thank you for clarifying and explaining why you would prefer to not have this check / have it custom configurable - I'll forward it for consideration.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DanielTynera  
        Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes