Collapse

Error when using import/export to move data across PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your efforts, Lou. Let's try first without the database since getting it to us will be a challenge.

Is there any reason you need all the info in your database? 7 GB database can contribute to performance issues.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Thanks for your efforts, Lou. Let's try first without the database since getting it to us will be a challenge.

Is there any reason you need all the info in your database? 7 GB database can contribute to performance issues.
      Ryan,
      7 GB of tick data isn't that much data. It's only about 4 years worth of data across 10 FX pairs.

I'll send the file w/o the database. That's way under 1 GB.

Comment

I see - you're likely talking about the db folder, not the NinjaTrader database. (NinjaTrader.sdf)

The NinjaTrader database (NinjaTrader.sdf) no longer stores historical data.

The actual chart data is critical for this, but is stored in subfolders of My Documents\NinjaTrader\db.

You can trim out all but a couple instruments here though, to reduce the size.

Comment

Almost all of the data is in NinjaTrader 7 / db / tick. The .sdf file is only 20 MB. Do you want me to send you only a few of the /db instrument subdirectories? I agree that the tick data files are likely to be important for you to look at. If I you think I can/should send you just a few of them I will. Let me know.

Comment

Yes, please include data for just a couple instruments. The EURUSD and one other you're having trouble exporting.

Comment

I'm in the process of doing that now. The db / data subdirectory looks strange. It's almost 7 GB and it seems like its the same files copied over and over again - unless they're slightly appended somehow.

Anyway, I'm deleting hundreds of files. I'll send it to you soon as soon as I can get the db directory down to a manageable size.

Comment

Ryan,
                I've been trying to send you the files all morning. It doesn't appear that there's an application that will let me send you a whole directory / subdirectory file structure. I can send you individual subdirectories but I can't send the whole structure. Do you know of a website or service that allows this? I've tried a few already. If you need to see the whole tree the only thing I can think of is you logging onto my PC.

Comment

Zip up the files should work. It will also reduce the total file size. Right click on a folder > Send to > Zip.

It's all then contained in one file.

Comment

Ryan,
                    You should have the relevant files in the support inbox. Let me know what happens. Thx.
                    Lou

Comment

Thanks for the files. I've been working with them today to track down what's happening with export process. I'll update this thread tomorrow.

Comment

Okay. Let me know if you need any other files or any other parts of the subdirectory,

Comment

Thanks - We should be good with the files you provided. We're currently investigating the export process with your files.

Comment

okay. thx. I guess I'll hear from you by Monday? Does that sound about right?

Comment

Yes, I will update you as soon as I have more information. Monday at the latest.

Comment

Hi Bluelou,

The data has these timestamps, so we need to look at source of data and possibly changing export routine to accommodate these timestamps.

The data may come from one of these sources. Can you please let us know which.
                                • Data recorded from real time Gain stream.
                                • Historical Data provided by Gain.
                                • Historical Data provided by NT.

You can check your account connections to determine what you're using. Click Tools > Account Connection, and verify the historical data setting for your Gain connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post JoMoon2024  
                                Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes