Windows XP Task Scheduler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows XP Task Scheduler

Delete me, please. Used the old Windows solve-all, reboot. All better now.

I set up a task in XP task scheduler to start NT each day. What happens is rather odd, though. NT splash screen is opened as well as the IB login screen which is set to auto login, however, NT is somehow passing my password to Firefox which returns a search for the phrase. No this is not my live account, just sim. After 15 or 30 seconds or so NT properly fills in the login screen and all is well with the world once more.

This also happens if I start NT using a shortcut created directly from NinjaTrader.exe.
    Last edited by snaphook; 01-03-2011, 09:38 PM.

Hello snaphook,

Thank you for your post.

Please clarify why you think NT is sending your password to your browser. Additionally please detail the steps you are taking that we could use to attempt to recreate this issue.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm not sure even I can reproduce the error, now.

I was trying to find a way to start NT every Sun - Thurs at 11:00 pm and open an IB data srtream. I started out with IBController which will hold the IB connection open forever? by altering the config shutdown time in IB. This seemed to work fine but I was getting an odd IB shutdowns after several days open. I decided to try to set it up in scheduler to auto start NT every night rather than leave it running 24 hrs/day. I built a batch file that simply starts an NT shortcut, so I could start multiple things in a single .bat file. Starting an .exe causes the .bat to wait for the .exe to terminate.

The .bat contained :
      vol | date | find/i "sat" | if not errorlevel 1 goto nostart > nul
      vol | date | find/i "sun" | if not errorlevel 1 goto start > nul
      vol | date | find/i "mon" | if not errorlevel 1 goto start > nul
      vol | date | find/i "tue" | if not errorlevel 1 goto start > nul
      vol | date | find/i "wed" | if not errorlevel 1 goto start > nul
      vol | date | find/i "thu" | if not errorlevel 1 goto start > nul
      vol | date | find/i "fri" | if not errorlevel 1 goto nostart > nul
      :start
      set NTDIR="C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7"
      pushd %NTDIR%
      NinjaTrader.lnk
      popd
      :nostart

The .bat didn't seem to work for some reason so I deleted the lines between :start and :nostart and added

rundll32 shell32.dll,ShellExec_RunDLL "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\prog.lnk"

It seems to me now that I was having problems even before adding that line running a shortcut that I had created directly from NinjaTrader.exe. It was an act of desperation.

I know NT was passing the password because each time I started the shortcut the IB login dialog opened, I would hear "doink", and a browser window would open showing the search result from Verizon, my carrier, not from !Yahoo, my home page. Then 15 or so seconds later the IB dialog would fill, perhaps on a second attempt by NT and everything would start as expected.

I was really frustrated after writing this thread and thought about the old Windows adage, reboot, reboot, reboot. So I did and now the shortcut works.

As it turns out I could schedule it to run Weekly and the scheduler then gives the option of selecting multiple days. All my scheming for naught.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite