Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't acess SPY when using Kinetick & IB

Hi

I've just hooked up to Kinetick. I was using Mirus/Zenfire & IB.

With Mirus/Zenfire & IB, I would connect to Zenfire first and connect to IB second. This would allow me to access the ES (through Zenfire) and SPY through IB, or rather my presumption was that SPY was coming through IB.

Anyway - I switched to Kinetick. Same deal - I connect to Kinetick first and connect to IB second. This time, I cannot access SPY - it gives me the following error:

1/3/2011 9:56:08 AM|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'SPY Default': Unable to load historical data: unknown instrument

Any ideas what is wrong? On both Zenfire & Kinetick connections I have set IB as backup connection.

Thanks

Pete

Hello,

This would have worked with the zenfire connection, will not work with the Kinetick connection.

Heres why,

The Zenfire connection supports Futures instruments only, therefor all futures instrument request where handled by the first connection and then since yo request SPY for example since the zenfire connection did not support this it was routed to the the secondary connection or IB in your case.

However when you connect to Kinetick first, since Kinetick supports all data types there will be no more requests to a secondary connection.

Therefor in this setup you need to choose which provider you want all your data from. Kinetick or IB and go ahead and enable the data you need on the connection you choose to you for data.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin