Replay Data Not Loading Into Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Data Not Loading Into Chart

I have downloaded a few sessions of market data for ES in Dec 2010 and they replay in a Time & Sales Window and Super Dom with no problem, but I cannot get any bars to appear on an ES chart. On opening the data series window of the empty ES chart the end date automatically changes to the day before the replay date chosen and also is greyed out so cannot be edited.

Hope you can help
    Thanks
    John aka rattymascot

Hello John,

Can you please open the Data Series menu of the chart. Likely, 'Session template' is set to <Use instrument settings>.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highight the instrument in question and click Edit. You can now view what session template is used.

Subsequently go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. You can now see what times are used by the session template. Likely, it excluded the time that was replayed.

If you select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the Data Series menu, it does not exclude time and you will receive real-time data if present.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks - Got it now

Thanks -yes that was it - the session times.

FYI - If your already connected to replay and then try and edit the chart session your stuck with the greyed out scenario.

But if you create a fresh 24/7session chart of the instrument before connecting to replay it works fine.

Thanks for the help
      John

Comment

Data series &quot;Greyed Out&quot; End Date

Jason,

After wasting several hours trying to create charts with Market Replay that don't have a greyed out End Date, I happened to stumble on to this 6 month old thread. With the greyed out end date, the charts don't advance with Market Replay.

I did edit my chart when connected to Market Replay (I needed to add the strategy) and now seem to be stuck with the greyed out end date. Taking rattymascot's advice, I recreated my charts while not connected to Market Replay and they were fine. But as soon as I connect to Market Replay, they revert back to the greyed out End date and don't function. The End date stays greyed out regardless of the Period Type.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hello unclelou,

Yes, unfortunately the 'End date' cannot be changed once connected to the Market Replay connection. You can change the end date using the From and To dates in the Market Replay control window.

I downloaded Market Replay data for 6/22, 6/23 and 6/24. I create a new chart with 'End date' set to 6/23. I connect to the Market Replay Replay, but I do not play it.

Subsequently, if I change the From date to any of the three dates above, the chart will adjust accordingly. Once you setup the chart to your liking, please click the Play button to replay the data.

Let me know if this will not work for you.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the help, Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM