Problem with Optimizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Optimizer

I have a weird problem with the Optimizer: basically I get the message "Failed to call method 'Optimize' for optimizer 'DefaultOptimizationMethod': Attempt to access the method failed." in the log. The backtest works OK, it's really just the optimizer.

I already tried several things: uninstaled NT (version 6.0.1000.5), deleted whatever folders/files I thought were being used by it (including bin\custom, etc), and even went through the registry, just in case.

After reinstalling NT the problem persists. Any ideas?

The problem started when I had to change my "My Documents" location (NT seems to save the actual path that underlies "My Documents" which was a pain to fix, to correct all those registry entries!), because everything was working fine until then. (before the second re-install I removed whatever registry entries were still there).

But I thought that, after going through this process of uninstall-clean-reinstall twice, things should have gone back to normal. Well....no!

Thanks in advance for any help

>>when I had to change my "My Documents" location
    You NEVER should do this, since this corrupted your installation.

Sorry the only advise I could give you is:
    - uninstall NT6
    - manually remove <my documents>/NinjaTrader6. Note: You will loose ALL your custom data and NS files
    - reinstall NT6

If it's still not working, then I suggest a system restore before the point where you messed around with "My Documents".

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I know about the "My Documents" but this was something I had no control over - it is on a network server that had to change. So, obviously, I cannot do a system restore because there is no way the server is going to change back. I tested other applications, .Net and not (among other things, I'm also a C# programmer). and everything seems to be OK.... except NT.

And, as I said, I followed the steps you describe (yes, even deleting all my stuff), twice, without any positive result.

Any other possible way of fixing this? Some left over file that I might have overlooked (outside <my documents>/NinjaTrader6 and "Program Files\... )?

Thanks.

Comment

Apart from folders you mentioned there is no left over related to this case.

This thread might be of value: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=2441

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Yes, the permissions thing was fundamental. I had forgotten about that. New permissions might need to be set/changed when the underlying server/path of "My Documents" change.

Problem solved.

Comment

Glad it's resolved for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AaronKoRn  
            Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM