Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnBarUpdate not firing

Hi,

I have been using downloaded data from the NinjaTrader servers for the 6E. For October 10-15 there is no Level II data available.

I recently switched a strategy to a volume bar but I am not getting any OnBarUpdate events for this entire week. I put a print statement as the first statement in OnBarUpdate and it does not print (but does in other weeks).

Could the lack of Level II data cause this?

Best Regards,
    Scott

Hi Scott, Level2 data would not be needed to see OnBarUpdate() calls - do the charts replay alright with only the Level1 data you downloaded present? Do you see the missing OnBarUpdate() calls for indicators and strategies?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand, that was my thinking but thought I would check. I get the event for other weeks but for whatever reason not that one. I reloaded the data and that didn't change things.

The chart displays the data correctly and the event fires for other weeks. As I mentioned, I put a Print statement as the first line of code and it didn't print. Also, I recompiled with debug enabled and looked at it in VS and again, nothing.

This is something I have never encountered and doesn't appear to be in my code. I can test on other periods but I am always concerned with unexplained behavior that it could happen in production.

Thanks
      Scott

Comment

Hi Scott, just tried on my end for 6E 12-10 1min and 500 Vol chart and don't see an issue - do you have enough historical data loaded to satisfy any bars required setting for OBU to be called?

Comment

Bertrand, it works for the week prior to that and I just tested a 30 minute bar and that works. This is the code that is not executing

protectedoverridevoid OnBarUpdate()
          {
          Print(
          "New bar " + Time[1]);

This is pretty curious.

Scott

Comment

Bertand, I just noticed you are using 500 volume chart, I am using 4000 for what it is worth.

Scott

Comment

Scott, 4000 one works the same for me here - have you noticed any errors in the log tab? Is this on NT7 R1 or the RC1 (beta 23)?

Have you already with a freshly redownloaded replay data file?

Did you look into my BarsRequired suggestion? Is at any time enough historical chart data loaded to satisfy it?

Comment

Bertrand, you might have this reply about a zillion times on your end; every time I send it, it seems to be getting deleted (Gremlins are real no matter what people say).

Yes I have downloaded the data again, no errors on the log tab, 7.0.1000(live). Lots of historical data, works on the week prior and the week after and on the week in question if using 30 minutes bars instead of volume 4000.

Best Regards,
                Scott

Comment

Thanks for testing Scott - can you please contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com and include zipped your datafiles used as well as the exact testing strategy? Then I can check into it here for you.

Thanks,

Comment

Bertrand, If I let this run from Oct 3 forward, that week works but if I start it on Oct 10, it doesn't. As I said before, Gremlins are real.

I will send the zipped data files to you but it will likely be tomorrow before I can do it. Thanks as always.

Scott

Comment

Hello,

Please make sure to include ATTN: Bert in the subject line and reference this forum post when you get a chance to send them in.

Thanks for sending.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DanielTynera  
                      Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                      9 responses
                      0 likes