Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create 2nd workspace, or more?

Hi Ninjas,

The pic below shows my present workspace. It spans 3 monitors, and I have a number of charts on the one market, showing multiple timeframes, each chart containing a selected variety of indicators all related to the particular trading system rules I am following. When I close NT and open again for a new session, this workspace always comes up, in this order, - the way I like it. This is good.

But, I want to create and save a new workspace, with a different set of charts etc, that is set up to a different set of trading rules in a different system.

I want to be able to create new workspaces without losing my present one, and be able load or switch workspaces so I can trade in one or the other system at any one time during a session.

I had a look in HELP, but there is only a brief entry on this, and seems to be part of some scripting or something.

Any ideas?

cheers,
    Antraman

Miscellaneous Support

Hello Antraman,

The multiple workspace feature will be added to our next major release of NinjaTrader. This version should be available for use by the end of fall.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That will be awesome!

But I noticed in the Help page on Workspaces at the bottom, it says

Multiple Workspaces

You may create multiple workspaces provided that they each contain "NinjaTrader;" without the quotations in their name.
      For example, you could have two workspaces named "NinjaTrader1;" and "NinjaTrader2;"
      I notice in the C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6\db folder there is a Ninjatrader.mdb file. this is the workspace file, right?

What would happen if I copied it and pasted as "NinjaTrader2.mdb"? So I would have 2 mdb files. When opening NT, would it ask me what profile I wanted to use?

<I'm in experimental mood at the moment>

cheers,
      Antraman

Comment

That information is specific to TradeStation workspace names for automated trading through NinjaTrader.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK.

How about if I copied the NinjaTrader6 installation folder and pasted with a different name, eg. NinjaTrader6a, and ran NT from that folder. I could create and save a unique workspace in that folder?

I do this very same thing with this online RTS game I currently play, where there is a previous version and an updated version. I can review old game saves with the previous version in one folder, yet play the current version online without affecting the old version or its game saves.

Comment

Send me a private email to ray at ninjatrader dot com.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello Antraman,

The multiple workspace feature will be added to our next major release of NinjaTrader. This version should be available for use by the end of fall.

Speaking of workspaces, is there a way, or will there be a way, to place all open NT windows within a mother window as to not have all those buttons in the task bar?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not possible. However, there are only so many task bar icons that can be opened and once this threshold is exceeded, you will see one NT task bar icon that once clicked, will show a list of all open NT windows.

Comment

What about right clicking on the taskbar into Properties, and ticking the checkbox "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons"?

I'm not at home right not to try this - I think this works, but I know it did for v6.0.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Balage0922  
                  Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes