Error: You have 5 running strategy(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: You have 5 running strategy(s)?

Hi, can someone help me before my phantom strategies start submitting live orders...

why am i getting this 5 running strategies on a live account error when i try to switch to global simulation mode? I have zero strategies in the strategies tab.

tried to fix this error by uninstalling ninjatrader, deleting ninjatrader 7 folder, then installed ninjatrader again & restored my data. But the same error message shows up when i want to switch to simulation mode from live when connected to zenfire.

Note: i am working on ninjascript/code for automating strategies - could that be causing this?

thanks for your time in advance
    Attached Files

Hello,

Please disconnect from your data feed provider and then turn on global simulation mode does this make a difference?

If not please send a note to support at NinjaTrader dot com and reference this forum post with ATTN: Brett in the subject line from the Help->mail To support in the control center so that I can look into the trace and logs.

Also, as far as any live strategies submitting any orders, if you dont see any strategies running in the strategies tab no live orders will be submitted. Possible it is an ATM Strategy still running somehow however on a currently open position.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Please disconnect from your data feed provider and then turn on global simulation mode does this make a difference?

Brett, if i do that then there is no error message. Its only when i try to switch to sim when connected i get the message.
      Last edited by dawdler; 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Ok thanks for the information.

Can you please goto Help->Mail To support in the control center and check mark to send me your database and reference this forum post.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

entire database? wouldn't it contain my historical trade data, custom ninjascript strategies, etc

i am hesitating to send those to a general support email address for everyone to see (and laugh probably)

Comment

Your custom NinjaScripts would not be contained in the database - you can also send us a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and we follow then up how to mail / work exclusively with the assigned support person if you prefer this approach.

Thanks,
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Error: Failed to send mail

Hi,

I am not able to send mail (i am connected to the internet). when i try to mail to support, i get a failed to send mail error. please see the attachment

...I will try again later in the day.
              Attached Files

Comment

dawdler,

Have you setup the SMTP server settings for your ISP in the Tools>Options>Misc tab? Please try sending yourself a test email through that tab and see if you receive it.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can't send myself a test email either, i am getting an "Failed to send mail: Failure sending mail."

Tried with gmail & msn, but no luck.

p/s Sorry for the delayed reply

Comment

dawdler, would you get the same issues with using the newly introduced SSL option as well? If yes - please contact us directly at support at ninjatrader dot com so we can explain how to sent the needed files for the investigation of your issues across using another option.

Thanks,
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post xiinteractive  
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response