Connecting to IB, NT7, Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB, NT7, Windows 7

Why is it that when I try to connect on Windows 7, even though I filled in my account username/password, the fields do not get auto-populated? Why is that? Is it a simple setting I am missing?

Thanks,

Thomas

Hello arbifox,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to Tools--> Account Connections--> Locate your IB account and select "Change".

From the Connections Option wizard, navigate to the IB account information page and ensure that you have "Auto Logon" checked. Then finished the wizard.

With this option enabled, your user name and password information should fill into to TWS when you connect via NinjaTrader.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I did that . . .

Matthew,

What I meant to say is that the active window which pops up for TWS login does not capture the keystrokes that are sent by the connection.

Is there something I am missing in the install? It is as if the connection activates another window and tries to populate my user/pass in that window.

Regards,

Thomas

Comment

Hi,

That setting should do what you're looking for.

If it is not working for you, can you please tell me the exact version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V7.0.1000.1? You can check this under Help--> About

What version of TWS are you using?
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Versions

I am using NT 7.0.1000.1, and TWS 906.9. This is running on Windows 7. The first install of TWS was NOT from the executables that are on the NT site, so that may be an issue. On my other machine, the base install for TWS was from your site and then I had to upgrade to 906.9 by following the posts on the thread which came after the de-support of the last version of TWS.

The problem exactly is how the keystrokes are captured to the active window. When it comes time to populate my user/pass in the TWS window, Internet Options window is opened up instead and I think the "Accessibility" sub window. Meaning, the keystrokes are going to another channel somehow.

Can you tell me where the latest version of TWS is located for download from NT, and I can try to upgrade that version?

Thanks as always . . .

Thomas

Comment

Hello arbifox

You will need to download & install Interactive Brokers TWS version 911. Here is the link
            ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
            31 responses
            1 like
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes