IB trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB trading

I have some serious problems with the NT7 to IB interaction. I placed a trade in NT7 for an IB account and it worked fine, and in the positions tab it tracked the profit. Today I decided to take a profit on the position so I went to the chart trader and set a limit sell. The sell limit was hit and the position sold. I went back to the positions tab and it still had the position there as though it had not sold. So I looked at the Executions tab and it has the sell listed there! Then I went over to TWS and checked the log and it had sold over there on the IB side. I went back to the positions tab in NT7 and tried to close the position again, just to see what it would do. I was correctly rejected by IB telling NT that the account was not authorized to go short.

The other thing I noticed is that the Executions tab does not have the original buy order listed, but the chart has the green pointer to the buy price. Also, the buy price is still being tracked on the chart as though the order still exists. In summary, the original order does not show up in Executions yet the sell does, but original order also shows up in Positions and on the chart!

tradetree,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, include all of the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your log file from the date this occurred:
    Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

3.) Your trace file from the date this occurred:
    Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

4.) Order ID for the exit order.

5.) The build of TWS you run. (Help > About Trader Workstation)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sent it out...

Comment

I have similar problem with NT7. The position under strategy tab is not always sync with the chart trading position. Please post solution if you have.

Comment

I have similiar problems with NT 7.0.1000 and MB Trading. The real position quantities often get out of sync with the strategy. What causes this? What is the solution? Please post so we can all see.

Comment

I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'll post whatever I hear from NT.

Comment

anything new / further info appreciated

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
              I haven't heard anything back yet, but I'll post whatever I hear from NT.
              I am wondering if there is an update, and also if this issue is also with NT 6.5 trading with IB / MBTrading ?

Jon

Comment

Hi Trader.Jon,

If you're seeing the same issue, I'd ask that you follow up with me via email as per post #2 so that I can look in to the specifics in your case.

Comment

Kyle,

What I am asking is if I can trade with more confidence using NT 6.5 if I want to use a MBTrading account and not have the issues NT 7 appears to have with regards the positions reporting

Thanks,
                  Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I can answer that question, but first must be able to understand why the difficulties arise within version 7.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                      Hi Jon,

I can answer that question, but first must be able to understand why the difficulties arise within version 7.
                      There are significant issues traders are having with the NT7<>MBTrading API where positions are being reported late/out of sync with entry reporting and to/within the strategy. This has been discussed significantly in the forums, if the threads havent gone missing.

I am asking if the same issue is apparent in NT6.5 and I just cant locate threads to verify that.

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Has a member of the support team investigated your specific case? If so, do you recall who?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                          Hi Jon,

Has a member of the support team investigated your specific case? If so, do you recall who?
                          There has been several cases already discussed for NT7 ...as in the lead post on this thread. For me to submit more of them will be a waste of resources: the problem has been acknowledged and bandaged.

I cant find info on the issue in NT6.5 <> MBTrading API with position reporting issues ... can you?

Jon

Comment

Trader.Jon,

No - I cannot, but I cannot say based on this alone that you'd not see an issue in 6.5 since we don't really have a full understanding of the issue in versions 7. I understand what you believe the issue to be, but no one has confirmed the specifics so it's impossible to tell you whether 6.5 would function without issue for you.

Comment

My strategies would get out of sync with NT 6.5 when I was using it about 1.5 years ago with MBT. It was the reason I switched to NT7. It was a letdown when it became apparant that the problem was not going to be fixed.

To use NT7 with MBT:
                              1. Do not use the managed approach.
                              2. Do not use any of the set methods (like SetStopLoss).
                              3. Ignore the position data on Strategy tab.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post llanqui
                              by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes