Bracket orders in the SuperDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracket orders in the SuperDOM

i'm trying to learn how to use the SuperDOM. i currently use Interactive Brokers TWS BookTrader. in booktrader, when i place a bracketed limit order, the stop and target are actually sent to IB. if my computer goes down before the order is filled, my brackets remain with the original limit order and i am protected until i can get reconnected. with NT SuperDOM, i can't figure out how to do this. i have an ATM Strategy set up, stop at -5 ticks, profit at +7. the stop and target don't show up until the original order is filled.

first, this is concerning because if my computer crashes, my order is on the exchange with no protection (i assume, is that correct?)

and second, my +7 tick target is a minimum, i usually adjust it while waiting for the original order to fill.

is there any way to take care of these two problems?

Hello 393mach1

Thank you for your post.

For information one where your orders reside – please review the following:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

For an entry on a breakout/breakdown approach using the SuperDOM window:
    1. Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    2. For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    3. Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    4. For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    5. Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    6. CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

You can update the stop entry levels up until one of the orders is initially filled.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i think you're talking about something completely different. i'm talking about, for example, placing a buy limit order on or below the bid, with an attached bracket, -5tick stop and +7tick target. my concern is that it looks like NT does not send the stop and the target order until the first limit order is filled. not sending the target is fine, obviously i don't want that on the exchange before my first order is filled. i am concerned about having a limit order on the exchange with no stop below it. how can i have the stop placed at the same time as the first limit order?

Comment

Hi,

You might want to take a look here for more info about ATM Strategies:

Also check here for order submission:

Let me know if this answers your question.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response