Newbie To ATM Has Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie To ATM Has Question

Hello, I would like to use ATM to set my initial stop for multiple contracts and also trail it. I know how to do this. Question...I'm assuming that NT will not allow me to set profit targets within ATM based on fib expansions and extensions?

If in fact the ATM is not capable of doing this, I do know how to go about setting profit targets manually. But I want to make sure that when doing so as individual contracts hit their targets, that the number of contracts for which a stop is being trailed reduces by one. If I'm not clear please let me know.

Best Regards
    Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Correct - You cannot base ATM stop and targets levels from drawing objects or indicators.

In order for manually placed targets to be picked up by the ATM strategy, you need ATM strategy selection mode set to SelectActiveAtmStrategyOnOrder submission. You also need to specify the targets as 0.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 12-16-2010, 03:50 PM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hi Chuck,

Correct - You cannot base ATM stop and targets levels from drawing objects or indicators.

In order for manually placed targets to be picked up by the ATM strategy, you need ATM strategy selection mode set to SelectActiveAtmStrategyOnOrder submission. You also need to specify the targets at level 0.
      Thanks Ryan. I'm not sure what you mean by "specify the targets at level 0".

Comment

An ATM strategy requires you to define levels for your stop loss but you can type a value of zero to allow manual profit targets.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          An ATM strategy requires you to define levels for your stop loss but you can type a value of zero to allow manual profit targets.
          Ok, I'm still a little confused. I'm assuming that what you're saying is to type of value of zero for the profit targets when setting up the ATM?

Comment

Yes, a value of zero for targets to leave a runner. Please see the following link > How do I make my target a runner?
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 12-16-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
            1 response
            1 view