Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB connection to NT not right?

Hi,
    I am new to NT and I think to start trading Eminis through this platform. My broker is IB and wonder if someone will be able to answer few questions.
    1. Why IB data feed is not recommended (from that what I have heard) for NT and any other platforms? What about any other data providers like zen-fire or esignal? How expensive they are for trading eminis?
    2. Technical problem with NT? I have connected to IB SIM account but each time when I placed or closed order it doesn’t reflect it in IB trade log. Is it because I run free version of NT?
    3. Daft question: I can’t find P/L section after my last trade on NT interface.

Thanks in advance

Hello ipoppy,

1. IB is one of the supported broker partners of NinjaTrader. However there is a known issue if you are using an IB FA account. Please see the link below for more information.

IB and Zen-Fire are connectivity providers, which means they provide data but also allow you to connect to your live account and trade it (providing you have a live NinjaTrader license). eSignal provides only data in NinjaTrader - it will not link you to a live account.

Zen-Fire will be available for you once you open an account with a Zen-Fire based broker partner.

Unfortunately I am not sure what prices eSignal has listed. I suggest to contact them for information in this regard.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month or completely free if all you need is end of day data. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

2. Yes, the free NinjaTrader license key is limited to trade the NinjaTrader sim101 account. Unfortunately you will need to have a live license if you like to trade an external account whether this is a demo or live account.

3. You can view PnL in the NinjaTrader order entry window you use. For example, right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties. Set 'Show realized PnL when flat' to True. The SuperDOM will now display realized PnL. Please note that it will reflect unrealized PnL once you are in a position.

In addition, you can also generate performance reports using the Account Performance-tab. More information can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, just a short question. Is it possible to use the free Ninjatrader in conjuction with IB if i only like to recive the datafeed from IB but send the orders only to sim101 ?

Thank You !

"2. Yes, the free NinjaTrader license key is limited to trade the NinjaTrader sim101 account. Unfortunately you will need to have a live license if you like to trade an external account whether this is a demo or live account."

Comment

Hi nt2010,

The free version license will suffice for the items you mentioned.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes