Historical Data FAIL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data FAIL!

Disconnected from Historical server. I only have 2 charts open. M6E and EUR/USD. They never both load. If M6E loads then EUR.USD doesn't load. If EUR/USD loads, then M6E won't load. It seems random on which one it will be.

I have repaired the DB about 4 times now. I have reinstalled the API twice. I have deleted and readded the connection twice yet this crap keeps happening.

I have every windows XP update required.

What more can I do?

In contrast I never have a problem with my FXCM account platform so you can't blame the ISP, and I have blocked every application from the firewall except Opera, googletalk, and NT so I doubt I am running out of threads.

Which version of NT are you using and what data provider are you using?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT 7.0 and PFG

Comment

And it isn't like all the data isn't loading, only the minute after midnight on the current day doesn't load. All data previous to midnight seems to load normally.

Comment

RDPoS,

If you right click in the chart and 'Reload All Historical Data' to force the data to load, is it available?
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I have tried that numerous times as well. Only once or twice has it ever worked and only on reloading EUR/USD. It has never worked to reload M6E or any other futures contract.

Comment

RDPoS,

Do you receive an error on the occasions this does not function?

Comment

yes I get the same historical data error

Comment

RDPoS,

What I'm asking is, 'is there an error message' and if so, what does the message report.

Comment

That one, but for M6E instead.

Let me reiterate, I have zero stability issues with my FXCM platform even under concurrent use.

Comment

RDPoS,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line. In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this thread.

2.) Your trace file from today's date:
                      You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                      Today's trace file will be named 'trace.20101213.txt'.

Comment

Still not resolved.

I have even taken another more drastic step of loading the platform on a server (a concerned friend thinks it is bs that it is my computer) in Canada which is running Windows Server 2003 RS2 to see if the problem still shows up.

Guess what?

HISTORICAL DATA FAIL!

Last edited by RDPoS; 12-15-2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Here is a little added info.

That server in Canada is on Eastern time. The exchange and PFG servers are in Chicago on Central Time.

At around 11:53PM Eastern I started continuously reloading the historical data in the chart because of the midnight oddity. I also during this time sent the error messages from NT directly to support.

11:55PMish same problem (not showing data from 12:01AM to 11:55PM Thursday
                          11:58PMish same problem (not showing data from 12:01AM to 12:58PM Thursday
                          12:00AM - data now only showing about 4 random range bars from 19:04PM to midnight
                          12:01AM - data still only showing about 4 random range bars from 19:04 PM to midnight
                          12:02AM - same problem (still Historical Data Fail!)
                          12:03AM data now showing up to 11:59PM Thursday but still has historical data fail for 12:00AM to 12:03AM.

The PFG servers progressing only from 10:55PM to 11:03PM Central so the changeover on their end from Thursday to Friday is probably not the problem since the changeover wouldn't occur for another hour yet.

It was a CME asset in Chicago (Central Time) so it is tough to blame them for this one.

What now?

Another possibly critical point of information: I am loading 8-days of range charts. Not 2 or 3. Maybe there is a bug or limitation in NT that throws a tantrum when you load that much data, but it shouldn't. I like to be able to see the previous Friday data on the following Friday.

The other nonstandard setting is the dataseries is set to Default 24/7
                          Last edited by RDPoS; 12-16-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Looks like this issue has been resolved with .2 and .458

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes