Regression in NT7 final: drawing extended lines/rays messed up completely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regression in NT7 final: drawing extended lines/rays messed up completely

It is very disappointing to see such a silly regression in the release version. This bug was not present in RC1.

Drawing extended lines and rays only works properly if you draw it horizontally or vertically. Try deviating from the 4 poles, like draw in 45 degrees, and you get a surprise: the 3 anchor points will float away from your line/ray, essentially making later adjustment of the line/ray impossible, as you can only grab and move it, but not the anchor points.

Just check the anchor points on the attached charts. Is this some silly prank? How can this see the light of day at all?

The following threads seem to be related to this new bug:

A note to NT Devs: it is impossible not to notice such a bug, if you have a circumspect, standardized QC procedure in place. That you seem to have none, is a deeply disturbing conclusion. I have been testing NT for a while thinking I will buy a nice batch of licenses. On hold for now...

Geo
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this up.

I looked at the other two cases. To check to see if this is related.

Please let me know, is this line a global drawing object line or just a line you drew in a 30 minute chart of FDAX? If its a global drawing object what chart did you originally draw it in?

Essentially what I need to know to find out why this is occuring did this occur on a new line you just draw on the chart the instant after you draw it or what action occurs to cause this to happen.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Brett, thanks for your response.

Not a global object, just an extended line / ray drawn on an FDAX chart, screen-shot taken right after I finished drawing them. It should take less than 20 seconds to verify this. In fact, I am surprised, again, since you seem to be asking me without having tried it for yourself. (?)

Geo

Comment

Hi,

I tried myself and it is working without issue on my side before asking.....

Mabye you have files that didnt update properly from the beta, perhaps its time to do a comeplete uninstall and reinstall to get rid of any beta files.

However to make sure, Please send your workspace with the problem line to support so that I can look into as of currently I do not have reproducible steps for this as my lines draw fine. Please insure you save your workspace so that the line is saved.

Then goto Help->Mail To Support and check mark to send workspaces and put ATTN Brett in the subject line.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

False alarm, ouch...

Brett,
          I am sorry, it is a false alarm, ouch. Yes, I needed to create a new, empty workspace.

Obviously, I do not have an idea why this popped up with the old one, a quick diff shows too many differences between the two workspace files (attached) for it to be meaningful for me.

In any case, I apologize for implying that you had not checked it prior.

Geo
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Ok no problem its ok. Please let me know if this occurs again and I will call you and log into your PC as this should not be occuring on release.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes