TT fix and overnight trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT fix and overnight trading

I was told by a broker( not sure if he's telling me the truth because he wants to open an account), that if you trade with ninja via TT fix, they no longer have an issue trading overnight and misreporting PNL etc., but only if your using Ninja 7. But i noticed that I still get the pop up message that I should not trade overnight when I setup the account connection.
    When you say I can't trade overnight, what time period are you referring to?

Is this issue fixed with the final release of 7, or would you still advise not to trade?
    Thank You

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Please see item #14 from the following resource regarding this issue:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, so if don't hold a position overnight, as in in between sessions, but i still trade overnight, that would be OK.
      What i mean is i close all positions before CME close, then at midnight, i do a couple of trades and close all positions before CME open.
      That would be OK, or is that still regarded as holding a position overnight.
      It also says that it varies from different brokers. Only broker I know that offers TT fix via ninja is velocity, or Clear chicago group. There are other brokers that offer it, but they're all IB's, not FCM's, and they still use clear chicago group. So i don't know how it differs from broker to broker.
      Can you please clarify.

Will you guys be able to have a new API in place where we don't have to worry about this in any futures updates?

Comment

Hello

Something you want to keep in mind is to check with the broker if they have a specific server shut-down time (for maintenance).

I am not aware of support for Trading Technologies & overnight positions at this time.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thats what i thought...
          Thank you

Your last statement, was that in regard in future support as well?

Comment

I held a velocity position overnight and the cost basis was incorrect. Same for zenfire. I don't hold overnight for this reason and use velocity&zen for daytrading and for holding overnight I use IB.

I tried to connect to Velocity and the connection never finished, I gave up and let it go overnight. Now it is still in "connecting" state. I can't connect to velocity and I can't disconnect. What can I do besides exit and restart??

Comment

Unfortunately to get out of the state of "Connecting - Trading Technologies" you will be required to restart NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you are able to connect successfully after this procedure.
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can connect to the TT Data feed fine in 32 bit mode, but when I try to login using the Ninja Trader 64 bit version I get a message "Login Failed, TT is not available in the 64 bit version. You must use the 32 bit version".

I checked with Velocity and they advised this is a NinjaTrader issue. When can we expect to be able to use the 64 bit version with TT data, since that's really the only reason I bought NinjaTrader.

Comment

TT is not available in 64 bit version, so you need to launch in 32 bit mode. Your message is self explanatory, its not an issue. They have no plans to make it 64 bit compatible, that still hasn't changed.

Comment

I thought I needed/wanted 64 bit ninja but I've been using 32 bit and it's just fine. I have some very intensive algorithms running (analyzing the order book). Only slows down whent here is news. I'm not sure what 64 bit would offer over 32.

Comment

Hello,

We were holding off on adding this support until after NinjaTrader 7 release. You can expect since 7 is now released that we will continue to upgrade and test more adapters for 64 bit side as they become available. There is no ETA for this support at this time. However as another poster mentioned you can run on the 32 bit side without issue.

If you must use 64 bit side unfortunately then at this time you must swtich brokers/connection technologies.

64 Bit Supported Connections:

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Mongo
                      by Mongo

Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
                      0 responses