Data Feed for Daily vs. Intraday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Feed for Daily vs. Intraday

Is it possible to choose Zenfire for Intraday data and Kinetick for Daily Data having both connections open?

The problem is that when I select Zenfire + Kinetick, the charts load with Zenfire which does not show correct daily data... Kinetick is better

Thanks

PEDRO

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for your post.

Zen-Fire does not support Daily intervals & longer. However, in response to your question please note that NinjaTrader supports multiple simultaneous connections to different connectivity providers and in some cases, to the same connectivity provider allowing you to:

• Connect to and trade through multiple brokers simultaneously
    • Connect to your broker and your data feed provider simultaneously

If you are establishing multiple connections that overlap in their provided market data services, the connection order you establish is critical. NinjaTrader will check for required market data services in the order your connections are established.

For example:
    Connection1 - Provides real-time market and historical data
    Connection2 - Provides only real-time market data

If you connect to Connection1 first and Connection2 second, when requesting market data NinjaTrader will request the data stream for both real-time and historical data from Connection1 even if you trade against Connection2.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So what you are saying is that if I leave Kinetick Free End of Day (they do not provide Real Time data for me) as Connection 1, then I can connect to Zenfire as Connection 2 for Real Time Data and my trades will still go through Zenfire connection?

This way I would see on Daily Charts (EOD) Kinetick Data over Zenfire. Then for Intraday (tick, minute) I would get data from Zenfire (even though they are Connection 2) as they are the only ones providing Real Time data for me?

And my trades for my account under RCG would still go through even though it is under Connection 2?

Please confirm if it is correct

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Hello Pedro,

Your trades will still flow through to the broker. It is important to note that Zen-Fire does not support Daily data (& longer intervals).

To clarify, you may or may not want to use your brokers data feed as your primary data feed. For example, you may want to use eSignal as your primary data feed and your broker as back up. If this is the case, connect to eSignal first and then establish your broker connection. Whenever you request data for a particular market, NinjaTrader will request data from the eSignal connection first and then your broker connection second if a market data request fails from eSignal. During the connection creation process, you also have the ability to assign a back up data feed connection. By doing so, you tell NinjaTrader to fail over to the back up data feed if the primary feed is disconnected. This will only work if the backup data feed connection is connected.

Comment

Zenfire DOESshow Daily Data (and it conflicts with Kinetick)

Chip,

I am attaching a chart JUST using ZENFIRE as my connection

As you can see it plots a chart for 6E 03-11 with A LOT of GAPS. (ZenfireDaily.png)

However, when I connect to Kinetick ONLY and reload the chart, it gives me a completely different chart with much more range on each bar (with accurate numbers).
          ... See Kinetick Daily. This also creates issues with Pivot calculations.

The issue is that I would like to Zenfire operate only for intraday and Kinetick for End of Day.... However since my first connection is Zenfire, my daily charts have all sort of gaps....

When I connect to Kinetick first (zenfire second), I cannot get historical data loaded proprely on intraday charts

How can I disable Zenfire from providing Daily data?

Thanks

Pedro
          Attached Files

Comment

What I think is worse is that my Pivot Calculations are all wrong... due to the fact that my data is using the Zenfire as it is the main connection and it IS providing Daily Data.

When I disable the Historical Data feature on Zenfire, it does not load historical data from Zenfire Intraday... so the bar starts new without the last hours of trading (so I have to leave my charts on all day)

Please advise how I can disable daily data from Zenfire

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

I just saw that there was a thread on this SAME topic before

See http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=30013

I did not find any resolution there.

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

Hello pedroprada

Please first clarify if you are connecting to a real-time Kinetick subscription feed in these charts or if this is the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection.

Thank you,

Comment

Its the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection that I am talking about

Thanks

PEDRO

Comment

I just got the following answer from Zenfire regarding this issue:

ZenFire is NOT supplying daily data. Ninja is calcuating it and populating the chart.

Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:39 AM
                    To: Info
                    Subject: Re: ZENFIRE DAILY DATA.. Not accurate (How can I disable?)

Pat

So you are saying that Zenfire is NOT supplying daily data?

Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:36 AM
                    To: 'Pedro'
                    Subject: RE: ZENFIRE DAILY DATA.. Not accurate (How can I disable?)

That is NinjaTrader populating the chart, not zen-fire. I have brought it to their attention in the past, but you should alert Ninja again to see where there are on resolving the issue.

Pat

Comment

Hello,

That is correct Zen-Fire does not provide historical data however as a courtesy we record this data to our servers for customers use.

If you are looking for a data provider for real time and historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi everybody,
                        same issue here.
                        in clear words: he wants to mix up zenfire for trading, and kinetick (EOD for free) for historical.

So the question is, how is it possible to mix both and NOT to pay extra fee for an Kinetick subscription.

any hints?

Comment

Hello razorbuzz67,

Please be aware that the free Kinetick EOD feed will provide only historical daily data.

You can connect to both connection simultaneously. The connection order is important when using multiple connections. Please see the link below for more information.
                          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post techgetgame  
                          Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes