Regression Channel Properties...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regression Channel Properties...

In 7.1 when the regression channel properties box Attach to: is set to attach to all charts and then set as default...the default setting does not seem to persist...you have to reset as default each time it is applied to a chart to get it to duplicate on another chart which is set to show global draw objects as true.

Other draw tools seem to work OK as expected to persist to duplicate globally.

Thanks...
    Last edited by Alfred; 12-03-2010, 01:47 PM. Reason: Correction

Hi Alfred,

Thank you for your post.

The default settings that you choose for the Fibonacci drawing objects will need to be saved as a template. If you right click after modifying the settings within the Drawing Objects Properties window you can select Manage Templates, and then save the template with a name of 'Default' and thereafter the objects should maintain those settings.

More information at:
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan...the Regression Channel is not a fiboncci tool...it has it's own default button...this does not seem to work for global all charts settings...right click as you suggest there does nothing...

Thanks...

Comment

Hi Alfred,

I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part, and in testing the regression channel issue.

When I add a regression channel to the chart and then Attach it does stay on the charts, with the default settings if enabled.

Can you please go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Chart Objects and then remove the Regression Channel file.

This will clear your default settings, and can you then please re-add that a regression channel, save its settings by hitting OK and then hit the Set Default. When finished please close the chart and then check on a new chart. If the channel is there please close NinjaTrader and then see if a new chart has the channel applied.

Comment

Hi Ryan...tried your suggestion...global default still does not persist...I will try a fresh install of 7.1 this weekend and see what happens...

Thanks...

Comment

Hi Alfred,

That sounds good, but if you are seeing the same behavior after that re-install can you please from a new workspace see if this issue persists, and if so can you please send and email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include the log and trace files, and from the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces folder the particular workspace that you tested this with.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
            Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

When forwarding those files if you could reference this thread so that we can review those diagnostic files in light of the issue as discussed here.

Comment

Ryan...

Just did a clean install of 7.1 and still have the problem. Sent an email to support with all that you asked for. Let me know if anything else may be needed.

Thanks for your time on this....

Update...out of curiosity...tried a second clean install of 7.1...regression channel default on global "all charts" setting still does not persist.....
              Last edited by Alfred; 12-04-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks...

Ryan....

Thanks for spending time on the phone today to review this problem...

Look forward to a fix on this when you guys have the time...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rocketman7  
                Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse