X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling with Stop Limit Order

Cant figure out what I am not doing correctly

Query on 'Stop Limit Order' under Global Simulation on SuperDom
    ATM Strategy Selection Mode is set to: 'KeepSelectedATMStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission' as I want seperate stop loss for each scaled in position.

Instrument is Dollar Index (DX symbol) single tick is 0.005
    I have tried the 'Stop Limit Order' under the Global Simulation Mode on both versions of NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7.0.1 (downloaded today) with PFGAPI loaded for each respective versions.
    For Single-Click 'Stop Limit Order' I have the 'Stop Limit Offset' set to +3 (for 3ticks offset) in the SuperDom properties section
    I use my middle mouse button to place the order at specific price level and the DOM shows the working order as SLM
    But it gets executed as market-order as soon as the inside bid or ask touches the order depending on whether its sell or buy order type
    Whether I use ATM Strategy or not on SuperDom it makes no difference,
    Whether I input the Offset manually (ie Offset set to Off in property) or not it doesnot make any difference either.

Does 'Stop Limit Order' feature work only with specific 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' ? ? ? (I have also tried the default Strategy Selection Setup again the order gets executed as Market Order)

How can I make the Stop-Limit-Order work on my superdom under the global sim setting with the selected ATM Strategy as above
    What am I not doing right ? I have read the help guide at
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...x.html?sub.htm

Many Thanks
    Minoo
    Attached Files

Hello minoo,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I'm not following - is the issue you're writing in about the fact that the SLM orders are executing at their limit price?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Slm

The Stop Limit Order (SLM) entirely gets executed at the price level where its placed as soon as the price touches it (just like market order)
      For Example on DX (tick is .005) if I place a Buy SLM order at say 79.430 and 3tick offset is pre-set in property section of DOM (refer previous snapshot)
      As per my understanding if the market touches the 79.430 price than SLM will place an limit order at 79.445 (three ticks above the initial placement of SLM order on the DOM) & thats what I would like the DOM to do.

Instead SLM order gets executed at 79.430 and I am long at either 79.430 or at 79.435 (one tick pass). I have repeatedly tried this with various settings manual offset, different Strategies, etc, But no joy so far.
      Hope this clears the confusion

Many Thanks
      Minoo

Comment

minoo,

The order will most always execute at the price it's placed at. Offset only defines the range of fills you'll accept.

Comment

Hi,
          My understanding or misunderstanding of SLM order is per the userguide as below
          What I am trying to do is what I have underlined as per your userguide
          I have copied and pasted from the below URL > Section How to submit the Stop Limit Order
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...x.html?sub.htm
          +--------------------------------------------+
          Stop Limit Order
          To submit a stop limit order, select either the BUY column for buy orders or the SELL column for sell orders and press down on your middle mouse button (scroll wheel) in the cell that corresponds to the price you wish the stop limit order to be submitted at. A numeric field (image lower right) will appear that represents the number of ticks away you wish the limit price of the stop limit order to be placed at. Either by using your mouse scroll wheel or clicking on the up/down arrows in the numeric field, set the number of ticks and press the "check mark" button to complete the order submission. Pressing the "x" button will cancel the order submission operation. For example, if you intend to have an order with a stop price of 1000 and a limit price of 1001 (4 ticks spread for the SP Emini contract) you would set the numeric field value to 4. Following the same example submitting a sell stop limit, setting the numeric field value to 4 would result in a stop price of 1000 and a limit price of 999.
          +----------------------------------------+
          Please note I am NOT using any other advance features such as Chase or Chase If Touched or any other such features.
          Please advise further, thankyou

Regards Minoo

Comment

Hi minoo,

The setting does define the number of ticks away the limit price is placed at. That said, the stop price is where the stop limit order resides. If possible, the execution will always occur at the stop price.

Perhaps you need to reverse your setup?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            172 responses