MBtrading Range Charts Spiky during News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBtrading Range Charts Spiky during News

is there a reason that range charts look like this often during high volatility with MBTrading? Is price actually spiking back and forth or is this an error. If so, whose side is the error on.

Hello,

This would be expected with only a 1 range chart, please lengthen your Range chart setting, as a 1 tick wiggle in each direction would cause this back in forth waggle.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

This is a 5 range. The real issue here is that if this is going on in my charts (and I dont see it in the non range charts. Will NT stop me out of these swings. I mean if I had a 10 tick chart up these highs and lows within seconds would not be seen. I dont want to get stopped out by these but I also love the range charts. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Pip Ventures; 12-03-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Please change this to a 1 tick chart for the same period, what does the underlaying data look like?

Please send one more screenshot of this. Also what instrument is this occuring on?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Ok I looked at a 1 tick chart and it has the same spikes up and down. This is the EURUSD at NonFarm. So Im guessing it's MBT's tick data that is giving the spikes.

Comment

Hello,

Yes it is the tick data thats spiking. Suggest contacting them to see what is causing this.

I have seen this occur with forex data on some connections if the broker or data feed provider combines multiple bank data feeds and they are in disagreement/ has a tick or 2 difference between the ticks can cause this behaivior.

The only solution I would know of at this time is to use another data feed provider such as Kinetick that doesnt have this syptom.

www.kinetick.com

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              The only solution I would know of at this time is to use another data feed provider such as Kinetick that doesnt have this syptom.

www.kinetick.com
              So with this kinetick, I can trade live MBT but the stops would not be broken on the swings becaue the feed that controls the stops would be kinetick?

Is this doable? Or must you use the same feed and broker?

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Hello,

This is doable, you would simple connect to Kinetick first and then MBTrading second. This way kineticks data is prioritized and your simply using MBTrading as a broker.

This does not require a multibroker license a single broker will work without issue here since kinetick is just a data feed provider.

Comment

Hello,

I also reread your questions you mentioned stops. As far as a stop getting hit or not will be up to your broker filling them on there side. This may or may not relate to the kinetick data, however the kinetick data should come close to matching the exchange.

The isue with Forex is there is no central market and each bank has its own feed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                  13 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post frankthearm