Problems with Forum Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Forum Software

Since December 1, when you rearranged it, I can no longer access this forum correctly. Using Internet Explorer 8.

Threads are sometimes not updated, so I cannot read the recent posts -> see problem here

I just tried to send a private message and got the response that my token has expired? -> see screenshot below. Have to write the message again.

Also sometimes the forum is not displayed correctly -> see second screenshot

Something was changed that makes the forum incompatible with Internet Explorer.
    Attached Files

Our IT admin will follow up shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

Thanks for the follow up.

Just tried to access the NT 6.5. downloads section. This is the message I got.

Of course, I did not log in, but I had been logged in before. Problem occurs with Internet Explorer 8.
      Attached Files

Comment

Harry, seeing the same here on a spare machine still using IE8, we will look into - thanks for reporting in.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Betrand, thanks for your answer. IE 9 is still Beta and not running on XP. Now using Firefox. No problems with Firefox so far.

With Internet Explorer 8 this thread was not updated so I could not read your message.

Comment

Hello Harry,

I sent you a private message this morning, please let me know if you do not receive that.

Also not sure if you have or not but can you please try removing the IE History, cookies and cache via the direction below.
            Open IE > Safety > Delete Browsing History > uncheck "Preserve Favorite website data" > then check "Temporary Internet Files", "Cookies", "History", "Forum Data". > Press " Delete"

Once IE is finished, please restart IE and then return to the forum and let me know if the issue persists.
            LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

I have been seeing some of the problems that Harry mentions also....have IE8...clean out everything every evening there with CCleaner...things not working as well in the Forums as before...

Thanks...
              Last edited by Alfred; 12-03-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I have received a private message from another member of the forum this afternoon, but I did not get your message.

The problem has nothing to do with IE History, I have cleared IE 8 (and even the remainders) several times.

This is the current problem now.

(1) Received your email averting me of your post here.
                (2) Clicked the link. IE8 opened. You post was not shown, I was not logged in.
                (3) I logged in, this was confirmed, but when redirected to the thread I was shown as not logged in, and your post remains still invisible.

So I closed IE8 and now use Firefox to answer your post.

I am a member of several other vBulletin fora, and I have no problems with IE8 to post there.Also it worked fine here prior to December 1. Some settings were changed on December 1 that cause this problem.

Will leave Firefox now and retry with IE8 and report any changes.

Comment

Test

After I have posted with Firefox, the thread is now updated until my post. I will now make a test whether I can see this post as well, after having posted it with IE 8. Can see it now with IE8, so the problem is irregular.

Comment

Missing Quote & Reply Buttons

I wanted to reply to this thread

but there are no Quote or Reply buttons.

Any ideas?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Harry,

The thread to have referenced is located in "Version 7 Beta General Questions & Bug Reports", which has been closed to postings as NinjaTrader is out of beta.

Please either start a new post in the correct corresponding section or send a support ticket into Support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In either one you decide please feel free to reference that particular thread from your post.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                      LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

The thread maybe closed, but the bug is still there...

Thanks for the information. Will write a note to support.

Comment

Reminder: Forum Software not Working with IE8

Your forum software is still not working with Internet Explorer 8. This is now since 11 days. No reaction from your side!

I have tested it on several machines with several operating systems, always the same.

(1) Threads are not updated, but shown as per last connection.
                          (2) Quite often, when doing search there are peculiar error messages.

Currently for all posts of subscribed threads, the links do not produce the latest posts, so I need to go to the poster -> find all posts by poster to select and open the post.

Comment

Lowell will follow up latest after the weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Dierk, hhanks for your answer.

Here is another example: Was looged in. Wanted to download a Ninja 7.0 indicator. After accepting the conditions of use, I get this message (see screenshot below), but cannot access any indicator.

Only IE8, switched to Firefox. No problems then.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Harry; 12-11-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post burtoninlondon  
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn