NT 7 Instrument List issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 Instrument List issues

So I decided to install the new NT7 to test it out. Did a clean install from a new pc therefor have not migrated anything over from 6.5

For some reason I have a limited instrument list. I can not see SPY, QQQQ, TNA etc as well as some other stocks. (TIVO, PWER, IMAX)

When I try to open a chart with any of the above I get the following errors in pop up windows

"Unable to subscribe to market data Please assign an additional exchange to this instrument in the Instrument Manager QQQQ Default"
    Then another pop up window says "Error on loading chart data for QQQQ Default': Unable to change order. Please assign addition....same text as above"

Again, this is a clean install of NT 7 release.
    Works perfect on NT 6.5

Data provider is Interactive Brokers.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

The reason why you do not see them is that you created them on the fly in NinjaTrader 6.5 for them to show up in the instrument list.

To add these stocks on the fly simply type qqqq and press enter in a selected open chart to On The Fly map the stock if it does not exist in the instrument list.

With IB it may be necisarry if you dont get data on some stocks to select the exchange it trades on in the instrument manager.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Is it possible to import them from 6.5?
      If so, can you direct me to the file please.

Thanks
      Last edited by frostycanada; 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Hello,

It is only possible if you install NinjaTrader 7 on the PC that has NinjaTrader 6.5 installed and allow the migration process to import the database over automatically when you start NinjaTrader 7 for the first time on the PC.

Comment

OK I will try that.

On a side note: when I added QQQQ manually it worked fine.
          But when I added IMAX is gave a popup error:
          "Error on loading chart data for 'IMAX Default" Interactive Brokers:Erorrin requesting historical data from IB. No security definition has been found for the request(200)"

When I click ok, the chart then "starts" to track the data.
          Thoughts?

Thanks for the speedy replies.

Comment

Hello,

This means that you need to add the exchange under Control Center->Tools->Instrument Manager->Open up the instrument then check mark the exchange it trades on. You may want to try first leaving default checked also, if that doesnt work then uncheck default and it should work.

If you dont know the exchange you can find it in IB TWS, by right clicking on the instrument and going to contract details.

Comment

I just fired up NT 6.5 and loaded up some charts from stocks that I have never looked at before.
              They ALL worked fine in loading.
              I really don't think (as previously stated in your reply) that I entered manually all those popular stocks.
              At a loss why this is working for 6.5 and not 7
              Is there anything different that I need to configure on NT 7 for interactive brokers?

Comment

Hello,

Most likely you did, as we would not delete instruments that weve added to the instrument manager.

Please check my previous reply for instructions on how to get the correct exchange.

Also, instead of following the instructions to resetup stocks in NinjaTrader on a new system heres what I would do.

Install 7 and import the database from 6.5 on the computer that works. Then I would recommend to use the backup and restore features in NinjaTrader 7 to achieve this. On your original machine launch NinjaTrader and goto File->Utilities->Backup. Check all the options you would like to transfer, this will create one file with all your settings. Then transfer this file to the other PC and launch NinjaTrader and goto File->Utilities->Restore.

Backup and Restore:

Comment

I will do this for sure.

But I 100% am positive I didn't add those instruments
                  Here's an example on NT 6.5: ABC -> don't know what it is or what exchange it's on..
                  When I look under Instrument manager via the search there is nothing there. Is it even a stock?
                  When I type it in under a blank chart.....up comes the current and historical data.
                  When I go back to the instrument manager and search for ABC...it now appears.

Could there be an option I need to configure that I have checked on NT 6.5 and not 7?
                  Or is there an issue with NT 7 reading historical data from IB as well as not having the ability to fetch a new instrument from IB? I agree with what you said...this is highly unlikely as it was a feature in 6.5 why would you stop it for 7

Thanks once again.
                  Last edited by frostycanada; 12-02-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Hello,

You must set the exchange now in NinjaTrader 7 on some stocks.

Also, please insure your using the supported verson of TWS as the TWS version can matter here.

NinjaTrader support TWS 906 only. If you are using a version other then TWS 906 please upgrade or downgrade your installation of TWS by using the download link on the following page:

Comment

I have TWS 911
                      I will downgrade it to 906, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thanks

Comment

That's a broken link do you have an updated one?

Comment

frostycanada,

Please use the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...nstall_906.exe
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post futtrader  
                          Started by sgordet, Today, 11:48 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes