Collapse

Ib 906.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This issue is 6 month old and it is still not resolved!

So far I am unable to upgrade TWS at all. Latest version TWS917 still have that FA account bug. Unbelievable.

Can NT please do something more to push it through? Seems to me IB has forgot about it.

Did all those priority emails from NT to IB have any feedback?

Comment

Unfortunately IB never provided us any feedback if and when that issue would be resolved.

Comment

Using NT with an Interactive Brokers Financial Advisor (FA) account

Going back to http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=36445 on 12/14/2010 Dierk states, "latest downloadable (=available) TWS versions TWS 911 and TWS 912 have a bug which prevent FA accounts from working properly when NT is connected to TWS".
        • Can you be more specific? What exactly doesn't "work properly"?
        • Can a user not log in? log in but not trade?
        • Is NT with an IB FA account unstable?
        And now we have your requirement that we upgrade to NT7v5 before 6/3/2011 to be compliant with new CME regs.

A couple more questions, then:
        • If an IB FA account holder upgrades to NT7v5 can he continue to run TWS version 906.9 ?
        • And a simple "yes or no" question: Ignoring all issue of who is to blame for this incompatibility between NT and IB FA platforms, can you honestly say that NT provides a trading platform for IB FA account holders?
        I eagerly await your reply. I love this platform, but if this broker / platform is no longer workable it's time to change something.

Regards.

dwt

Comment

Hi dwt___,

Thank you for your patience. I am still getting clarification on a few things here and will get back to you some time tomorrow.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dwt___,

Thanks for waiting, we were running some tests on the latest TWS version available from IB to see if the FA issue was resolved yet or not. Unfortunately it still does not look to be the case. The issue in question is the IB acknowledged TWS bug which prevents the selection of different FA accounts from within TWS' account selector when an external application like NT is connected to it. We have not heard back on any ETA when this TWS bug will be addressed. The issue does not involve things like being able to log in or trade.

Since IB is one of the brokerage technologies which has not actually required us to make any changes to accommodate CME changes with their API, it is not actually required that you upgrade to NT7R5. You should be able to still use whichever old NT7 version you were using in combination with that old TWS.

NT7R5 would support TWS 911, unfortunately we could not comment on if 906.9 would work in it or not.

NT supports FA accounts as long as you are willing to accept the caveats of using it through the TWS API. For instance, the API only supports updating accounts on one account at a time. If you were to be trading on all of the accounts it could take some time for you to actually display updated positions for all of your accounts since NT is forced to have to "round-robin" through all of the FA accounts and update them individually. Things like order allocation are also not supported when using it in NT as well.

Hope that helps.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to research this issue, and for carefully explaining the nature of the IB problem. It must be as frustrating for you at NT as it is for us clients to deal with.

I went ahead and upgraded to NT7.0.1000.5, but stayed with build 906.9 of TWS, and so far I've not seen any issues.

I've little doubt that at some point IB will force me to "upgrade", but so far, so good.

Regards.

dwt__

PS. l urge that you update http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=36445 to include your more complete explanation of this issue, and perhaps reword the warning in your IB Connection Guide as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                dwt___,

...We have not heard back on any ETA when this TWS bug will be addressed..
                Hello Josh,

Would be possible for you guys at NT to follow up one more time with IB about this bug? I know NT has contacted them about 5-6 months ago, but it doesn't look like IB has put this bug on their list. We are all afraid that IB can stop the 906.9 anytime.

thanks,
                greg

Comment

Greg, we will try to attempt further clarification from IB.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So far I didn't get any new input from IB, I will post if there's additional insight.

Thanks,

Comment

That order allocation capability would be a major step forward, and like many others I am amazed that this issue has not been prioritized as there are so many NT customers using IB. I do however understand that IB can be far from helpful regarding partner service. NT would have many more CTA customers if you added the IB allocation algorithm, and would make it a platform that would offer professionals a truly complete package.

Comment

Originally posted by gregiii View Post
                        Hello Josh,

Would be possible for you guys at NT to follow up one more time with IB about this bug? I know NT has contacted them about 5-6 months ago, but it doesn't look like IB has put this bug on their list. We are all afraid that IB can stop the 906.9 anytime.

thanks,
                        greg
                        Greg, IB confirmed the bug is on their list but there's no ETA for a fix unfortunately available.

Comment

Originally posted by everington_f View Post
                          That order allocation capability would be a major step forward, and like many others I am amazed that this issue has not been prioritized as there are so many NT customers using IB. I do however understand that IB can be far from helpful regarding partner service. NT would have many more CTA customers if you added the IB allocation algorithm, and would make it a platform that would offer professionals a truly complete package.
                          Thanks for this feedback everington_f, I've let product management know.

To update you: we're tracking your kind enhancement suggestion now under id 1011.
                          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 06-07-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

906.9 to expire?

I note with some trepidation that IB TWS version 906.9, the last version that works properly with Financial Advisor (FA) accounts, is dated 7/8/2010. With many subsequent versions of TWS introduced, I must wonder if IB isn't going to force us to upgrade some day soon.

Comment

The E-mini(ES) market data stop working on my TWS 906.9 recently. Anyone has the same problem? I have contacted IB support and was asked to upgrade TWS which I can't do so.

Comment

millridge,

I've had no issues with my version 906.9 to date. All my symbols, including ES, continue to feed data properly.

Your post doesn't indicate whether you spotted this issue in NT or on the TWS. If it's on the TWS, any chance you have too many symbols displayed? are asking for data for an expired ES contract? Have you tried deleting the ES data line from TWS, then re-entering it? Clearly, I'm just fishing for ideas you might consider.

Hope something here helps.

Regards.

dwt__

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by AnnBarnes, 04-24-2024, 12:17 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tradingfxvps  
                                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM