Compile Errors on Upgrading to NinjaTrader v7.0.1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compile Errors on Upgrading to NinjaTrader v7.0.1000

I've been using NinjaTrader v7.0.0.23 while getting ready for the final release. Today, I installed v7.0.1000 over the prior version in which there weren't any compile errors. On opening the productin version, get an error message that there were compile errors. When I manually try to compile the scrips I get compile errors for the following indicators: @DoubleStochastics.cs, @Sochastics.cs and @StochasticsFast.cs. Since I use the Stochastics indicator on my charts none of the indicators on any charts will load in the new version. Find attached a screenprint of the error.
    Attached Files

Hello TheCatMan

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    3. Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

More information regarding debugging can be found at the link below:
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As these three indicators are system indicators, the editor won't let me edit or delete them. Plus, I need the Stochastic indicator. Is there a revised Stochastic indicator that will work with the production version of NinjaTrader? I tried rolling back to 7.0.0.23 (RC1), but I can't do that either. Is the only solution to completly uninstall 7.0.1000 and start over? Will the indicators compile properly if I do that?

Comment

Exact same issue

I too have experienced the exact same problem.

Installed 7.0.1000 over 7.0.0.23 (RC1) and got the exact same errors.
        Looked at the coding for all three Stochastics indicators and it appears to not like
        any of the lines that contain any form of the word "Compare" which were found in all 3 indicators.

P.S. Where might I find the instructions for correctly uninstalling NT7 completely for a re-installation ?

PPS I removed Stochastics, StochasticsFast & DoubleStochastics (after backing up)
        and can now install and compile my other indicators and strategies. Not that this is a solution. It's just an observation. I still plan on uninstalling completely and re-installing.
        Last edited by Randwulf; 12-02-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Same thing here people. They are crappy indicators anyway. OK to delete??

Install also left old NT7 shortcut icon on desktop so now I have 2.

Update, removed 3 bad NT indicators, compiled, saved.

Closed NT7 and restarted NT, NT is now attempting to do another install, is this correct???

Please advise??? Do I continue??

Never mind, accepted the upgrade and got my charts back.

Make sure to say no to saving when exiting NT after removing bad indicators.

Finishing the install reloaded the bad indicators again.

I deleted them again. LOL!!!! You people are so funny!!!

RJay
          Last edited by RJay; 12-02-2010, 09:41 AM.
          RJay
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

I uninstalled NinjaTrader 7 and manually deleted the NinjaTrader 7 folder from documents folder. I then installed the new version and all of the compile errors went away. After that I restored my templates, data and workspaces from backup and all is fine now.

Comment

I'm also experiencing the same exact issues with compile errors in @Stochastics.cs, @DoubleStochastics.cs, and @StochasticsFast.cs. This is after upgrading to R1 from 7.0.0.23.

I deleted the indicators and the problem went away. This is a workaround, not a solution - especially if you need to use those indicators.

Also, after deleting, I re-ran setup.exe and selected the "repair" option. This reinstalled the deleted indicators and the problem is occurring again.

Comment

Originally posted by fredb987 View Post
                I'm also experiencing the same exact issues with compile errors in @Stochastics.cs, @DoubleStochastics.cs, and @StochasticsFast.cs. This is after upgrading to R1 from 7.0.0.23.

I deleted the indicators and the problem went away. This is a workaround, not a solution - especially if you need to use those indicators.

Also, after deleting, I re-ran setup.exe and selected the "repair" option. This reinstalled the deleted indicators and the problem is occurring again.
                Please use the steps I have provided below to resolve the issue:
                • Close NinjaTrader
                • Documents
                • NinjaTrader 7
                • Open the bin folder
                • Open Custom
                • Open Indicator
                • Save the attached files to this folder. If propmpted please overwrite or replace any existing file with this name
                • Restart NinjaTrader

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
                Attached Files
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  Please use the steps I have provided below to resolve the issue:
                  • Close NinjaTrader
                  • Documents
                  • NinjaTrader 7
                  • Open the bin folder
                  • Open Custom
                  • Open Indicator
                  • Save the attached files to this folder. If propmpted please overwrite or replace any existing file with this name
                  • Restart NinjaTrader

Saves files and attempted to compile the new indicators.

Same problem, deleted newly downloaded files off of NT7.
                  RJay
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

I did exactly what you recommended Christopher.
                    On restarting, my workspace came up fine with all indicators working as I had left them.
                    I checked the indicator list for the Stochastics indicators and they weren't available, as expected.
                    I tried re-compiling the Stochastics indicator and got the original error messages but, this time, my setup still works as it was configured before reloading the Stoch indicators. I've attached my error messages....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Please use the steps I have provided below add/replace the BarsTypes file:
                      • Close NinjaTrader
                      • Documents
                      • NinjaTrader 7
                      • bin
                      • Custom
                      • Open the Type folder
                      • Save the attached "@BarsTypes" file within this Type folder
                      • Restart NinjaTrader

Attached Files
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Replaced BarsType file as instructed.... No Joy
                        Same errors reported when trying to compile any of the Stochastics indicators..

Comment

Guys,

Please be aware that the old version of those indicators will not work with the new release. You will need to use new versions of the indicator if you are on R1 or old versions if you are on an older release. You cannot mix and match the two.
                          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RyanM, sorry I tried exactly this course of action and it did not work. I get exactly the same error messages.
                            raycam

Comment

As noted earlier in this thread, the only way to get rid of the errors is to completely uninstall earlier versions of NinjaTrader. I tried everything mentioned here plus some and couldn't get rid of the errors until I did so.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid  
                              Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes