Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple connections - eSignal and Zenfire - how to get the best of both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple connections - eSignal and Zenfire - how to get the best of both?

Hi Guys,
    I Im trying to use eSignal to display Daily charts for Globex instruments and Zenfire data to feed charts for all available instruments intraday.

Reason being that I cant get Zenfire to print the daily bars properly (as compared to how eSignal displays them) - this seems to be a known Zen Fire issue from the forum searches i've done so i'm trying esignal as a fix.

Is there any way I can force NT7 to draw daily bar data exclusively from eSignal and intraday from Zenfire?

I've connected first to esignal, then to Zenfire and the daily charts are OK but the intraday Super DOM is slow and sluggish with no depth displaying on the ladder.

If i connect the other way around the daily bars are not right.

Also the futures contracts I had available with Zenfire (but have not subscribed to in eSignal) are returning an error (-14) "you are not entilted to this service" even though Zenfire is connected as the second connection and they are available if eSignal is not connected.

So I basicly want NT7 to print the Globex futures daily bars with eSignal data and Zenfire to handle everything else. Is that possible? Or am i on the wrong track and is there a better way

Apoligies in advance for the long rambling post ...i'm a bit confused.

Thanks,
    Stevo

Stevo, unfortunately you could take symbols / data selectively from one connection only, in your setup both connections support futures instruments, so the first connected one (eSignal for example) will then be taken for all data requests, where ZenFire would only be used if eSignal completely failed on you - and of course you can execute to the connected ZenFire account.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,
      That clears it up for me.
      Cheers,
      Stevo

Comment

Stevo,
        Curious, are you using eSignal only for NinjaTrader or are you using eSignal to drive another application(s) as well? If only eSignal, you should consider trying Kinetick (NT7 only which we just released) which will be less expensive than eSignal plus you have the ability to waive CME exchange data fees that you might be paying through eSignal.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,
          Thanks for the tip! Yes I do run esignal itself as well but if i could get all the data i need from a different vendor I'd dump it!
          Looks like Kinetic has everything i need except Sydney Futures Exchange (SPI200) which is a shame.
          Any plans to include it?
          Thanks,
          Stevo

Comment

Stevo, unfortunately not for now, I can understand your need well though and have forwarded this addition to be considered in the future.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post emuns
            by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses