Real Time Data stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Time Data stopped

I am using 7.0.0.23 live and real time data has stopped. My connection to Vision Financial is green, and if I do a "Reload All historical Data" it updates without errors. So there is no issue with the date property being old in the chart, or connection to broker, but real time data does not flow. Also, if I open a chart with a Chart Trader window I do not get a Bid/Ask volume indication.

Hello tradetree,

Thank you for your post.

Which instrument(s) are you attempting to access?
    In which interval(s)?

Do you receive any errors? If so, what do the errors report?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have more info. I have not done this before and did not know it was possible, but it looks like I had two Workspaces open. When I closed one of them the other one started working with real-time data. This is still not a desirable condition. I had thought that opening one workspace closed the other? Even if it doesn't, it should not stop real-time data from flowing.

My instruments are ES 01-11, 1 minute.

Comment

tradetree,

ES 1-11 is not yet a valid contract. You need to use ES 12-10 until the second Thursday of the month of December when things roll over.

Comment

I have the NT continuous contract allowed, so what it is doing is using 12-10 data for now, and then will take 01-11 data when it rolls. It was working ok with 01-11, the problem appears to be a corruption of the workspace. If I open another workspace I have ES 01-11 working just fine.

Comment

tradetree,

Please clarify - you're charting ES 1-11 (which is not the current contract), or you're charting the continuous ##-## contract?

Comment

Looks like you were right. The reason I thought one workspace was "corrupted" is because it was using ES 01-11 while the "working" workspace was still using ES 12-10. I got confused because the "corrupted" workspace also had some ES-#### charts along with ES 01-11 charts. I'll try opening the workspace I thought was "corrupted" again and change charts to either ES 12-10 or ES ####.

Comment

So how does the continuous contract work? I changed the ES-01-11 to ES-#### and it also does not update real-time. I thought the point of the continuous contract was to give a current real-time data and merge backwards with previous contracts? How is the continuous contract different from just using the current contract and allowing it to merge backwards? Is there a way to not have to change the instrument every contract roll-over? I want to track the real-time ES data for the front-month contract always. Is there a way to do this?

Comment

tradetree,

Your provider does not support continuous contracts with real-time data - you'll need to continue using the MM-YY contracts. You will need to roll-over instruments occasionally with this setup.

Comment

Ok, one last unrelated question. Is there a way in NT7 to enable a series of strategies with one click? In the strategies tab there is one place to enable strategies one at a time, but can I group them? If not, can you put this in as a future enhancement? The idea is that I have 20 disabled strategies, but 5 of them I want to enable quickly at once. Instead of clicking on each of the 5, I could click once and the 5 grouped ones would enable.

Comment

tradetree,

This is not possible currently, but is on the development team's list of future considerations for the software.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Philippe56140, Today, 02:35 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Philippe56140  
                      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view