Indicator values not showing in column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator values not showing in column

I have created a MA that has CCI in one column set to 45 period on a 5 range chart and default 24/7 session. I have well over 256 bars loaded, yet all I see for the CCI value is: ...

This is true for any indicator attached to a column.

snaphook, which feed are you using here? Is the regular chart showing the CCI value for the 5 Range chart ok as you expect? Any log errors you notice?

Have you tried reloading NinjaScript and historical data on the MA with a right click?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using an IB feed and all indicators plot correctly on the charts. There was one log error back at 9:55 re: IB.Globals.MessageLoop msg='17' but none others. Reloading Ninjascript has no effect, I just added a connection to create new log entries and a reload does not recreate the above error. Reloading historical data had no effect except having 4 of 6 charts sit here for 10 minutes "loading data".

Restarted NT and the values now show up. I have had this problem before, so I know it is not a one time error.

Comment

Glad to hear it's working now - to see if I can spot any underlying issue - would you mind sending me your trace / logs via the Help > Mail to Support?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

I am currently working on a CCI / MA project where I am experiencing a few of the identical issues as explained by Snaphook. Major slow chart loading using range bars, 50 bars loaded @ 100 Range. (4-8min) Yes I fully understand this is one massive range. Im using MB-Trading Feed, next step is a KineTick feed. My indicator plots on the chart but nothing in the MA Column. Using only the MA, no charting, while loading multiple instruments into the MA (only 1 column in MA) NT will go into a “Do-Loop” running my processor at 25% then freezing NT and my machine, forcing a “Hard” Shut down. Any direction would be welcome.
          Thanks to who may help

Comment

randysiems, are you working on NT 6.5 or with our new NT7 R1 release? It sounds to me like you're running out of memoery working with high lookback range bar charts - to clarify we would need to review your trace / logs files, please send them in via Help > Mail to Support - thanks.

Comment

Bertrand, My issues have been using 6.5.1.18. As of yesterday I began using 7.0.1000.1, still in the process of setting up this version. I will then need to translator the indicator from 6.5 to 7.0 and test. It would be best to take issue with 7.0 when instances arrive. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Ok, please let me know if you continue to see any issues on NT7 with this task.

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks

Just want to say the new 7.0 Market Analyzer is far superior to the older 6.5 version. It runs circles around the older one in terms of speed. Plus, I don't seem to have the past problems with the Ameritrade feed. Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi bob5e,

Thanks for your kind words! We're happy to hear it's working out for you!
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post techgetgame  
                    Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes