historical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical

how many days/weeks data is held on your courtesy server?
    for ES and 6E?
    i can only d/l 4months of daily and 6 bars of weekly does that sound right?
    thanx

Hi Poeds,

Thank you for your post.

After removing the data I had in my database and recreating a chart there exists data back to June 1, 2010 or about 6 months of data since it equated to 26 weeks of data.

To get this extent you can go to Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit and then remove the data in the database for the ES and 6E contracts by right clicking on each front month and then selecting Delete.

After removing please repair the database from Tools-->Options-->Data and then create new daily charts while connected which should re-load the database with the data that was previously removed.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi thanks
      yes i have same
      i connected to kinetick free end of day, should that give daily ES and 6E?
      doesnt seem to
      thanks

Comment

Hi poeds,

Yes, the Kinetick End of Day feed will provide about 10 years worth of historical daily data for most of Kinetick's supported instruments and exchanges, including the ES and 6E.

Can you please go to Help-->About and please make sure that you are on the current version of NinjaTrader 7, which is 7.0.0.23. If not please go to Help-->Download site and upgrade to the most current NinjaTrader 7 version.

Then please reset the instruments from the Tools-->Options-->Data menu in the NinjaTrader Control Center.

After doing that please create a daily 6E chart and ES chart and please let me know if the chart is updating as expected.

Comment

hi
          no, im asking for 365 days and only getting 6 months ie not from kt
          done all u asked
          ?

Comment

Hi poeds,

Can you please create a chart for the ES ##-## which is the continuous contract, and also please go to Tools-->Options-->Data and please let me know what the merge policy is presently set to.

Comment

Hi
              do not merge
              sorry what is ES ## ##? will ES 12 10 do or am i looking for 4 hashes literally?

Comment

Hi poeds,

The ES ##-## is a type of contract where the front month is represented as those pound signs because it is the continuous contract which merges the various front months together. If you go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then find the ES contract you can highlight and then set the expiry to ##-## and hit the '<' button to add to the list.

You can then create a chart for that symbol which should have more data.

Additionally, if you wish to view the ES 12-10 contract with more extensive data please go to Tools-->Options-->Data and set the Merge Policy to Merge Back Adjusted and then create a new ES 12-10 chart.

Either method should enable you to see more extensive historical data with the Kinetick End of Day Free data feed.

Comment

i got from april 09 by merging and using the ## ## contract
                  ES and 6E does that seem to correlate to whats available?
                  should there be more?
                  thanks

Comment

poeds,

When creating a chart for the ES ##-## if I create it for a custom range I can get data back to about the year 2000 when using the Kinetick End of Day data.

If you close NinjaTrader and then re-open you can create a new chart with a custom range, and with the settings we have modified there should be about 10 years of ES data.

Comment

somethings not going in my head
                      tools/historical data manager/download select 6E ## ## check day data box, selected some date in 2002 till today download can see the data coming month by month at bottom of control panel, finishes
                      same with ES ## ##

open new chart ES ## ## data series either do custom range from 03 or 3650 days or 999 days and only get back to april09 same with 6e
                      in bottom of control panel it says loading data and i can see the years go by
                      incidently i thought that status bar shown data coming from server to nt, the data was already in nt from historical mgr
                      ?
                      thanks

Comment

u used the phrase "when using the Kinetick End of Day data'

im not specifying kt anywhere just connecting to it along with zf should i be doing something else??
                        thanks

Comment

Hi poeds,

Yes, with NinjaTrader 7 I was testing this issue with the Kinetick End of Day feed because you had mentioned that you connected with Kinetick.

If you refer back through this thread and then connect only to Kinetick it should enable you to view the data that I was able to successfully view.

With Zen-Fire there would be more limited daily data, and that is likely why you can only see to April of 09.

Please connect to Kinetick End of Day only to see more extensive historical data with the ES ##-## contracts.

Comment

yes was connected to both feeds
                            anyway disconnecting zenfire fixed it
                            thanks very much for all your help

Comment

poeds,

Glad to hear that when just connected to Kinetick the data was present.

Based on that I just wanted to include some information when using multiple connections because the issue was that the data was available from Zen-Fire so even though you were connected to Kinetick second NinjaTrader was never pulling data from Kinetick due to the method of connection. More information on this topic at:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post junkone
                              by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              12 responses