Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing bad minute data in Charts

Hi Support,

Yesterday evening, I closed my Ninja charts and when I opened them today, it updated my "ES minutes charts" with a spike around midnight like upto ES 21000 ( I know this is wrong for sure as ES is arodun 1500 only ). But my other ES charts like a volume chart looks fine. Can you suggest how I can fix the bad minute data in ES charts. I am with IB datafeed.

Also in general, do I have to turn on my Ninja charts 24/7 to get good experience for getting chart data properly.

Thanks
    RK

Running it 24 hours will not make a difference. The issue is with the source data in which case is IB. The spike is coming from them and unfortunately at this time, we do not have a way to edit this bad spike.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ray. Is it possible to manually delete the spike data item? How can one do that in Ninja?

I was also considering an alternative datafeed Zenfire. Do you know how reliable zenfire feed is when compared to IBfeed.

Thanks
      RK

Comment

We do not have an easy way to manually delete the spike. You could export the data via Tools > Historical Data and then open the file, correct the bad tick price, then re-import this. We do not provide technical support in doing this process though.

We have heard a lot of positive feedback on Zen-Fire.

Comment

Thanks Ray on the zenfire feedback.

I don't want to try something which Ninja doesn't support.

Is there anyway to like tell Ninja to reload only minute data and not tick or volume charts data from IB from yesterday evening. Only minute charts are affected from yesterday evening, volume charts are fine. May be IB has corrected its minute data without spikes.

Thanks
          RK

Comment

Yes, try Tools > Historical Data > Reload

Comment

Hi Ray,

I tried to reload just minute data for ES from 10/4/07 to 10/5/07. After a minute or so, Ninja became unresponsive. Whichever window I try to see it just doesn't open. And I am unable to abort the reload which seems to run.

Anyway to stop Ninja now? I am worried if I kill Ninja process from task manager I will loose all my charts and the draw objects on my charts.

Any workaround, so that I do not loose all my charts with lines and draw objects ?

It would be really helpful if you can try to release the "workspace save feature" before the 6.5 release.

Thanks
              RK

Comment

Hi RK,

Save out your Default.xml in the "workspaces" folder in "My Documents\NinjaTrader 6". If anything goes wrong you will at least have the workspace that you had before any changes you did on the current open of NinjaTrader.

To load your backup, close NinjaTrader, overwrite Default.xml in workspaces folder with your backup Default.xml, reopen NinjaTrader.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh for the tip. I appreciate it.

Yes I made a backup of the .xml file. I had to terminate the process with task manager as it was unresponsive and when I restarted it opened the charts with as you predicted with draw objects from previous session.

I lost all draw objects I made on Friday. Is there any way to save the workspace file, the default.xml file periodically, so that it will have the latest draw objects? I generally restart Ninja weekly once and do not want to loose the draw objects if something like this repeats. Where does Ninja save the workspace xml file for the current active realtime session?

Thanks
                  RK

Comment

The workspace file only will be saved as you terminate NT.

Please be patient: NT6.5 (available in a few weeks as first beta) comes with a complete workspace management.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post llanqui
                    by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes