Multiple Chart Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Chart Questions

1) I load fib retracements on a chart, 60min to set daily S/R model and i apply it to all charts how can i remove it from a single chart without deleting it from all charts

2) if i use a daily chart as my basis for the fib retracement and then apply it to my other charts the line extensions on the smaller timeframes project out past the current day. i have to move my chart as though i am offsetting past teh current bars even though it is showing properly on the daily chart

3) when i set a default layout for T&S it applys to that T&S. When i open a new T&S it uses the Ninja default. how do i get it to use the default i defined?

4) is there anyway to create a formatted desktop, multiple charts within a box rather than all the charts free form on the desktop.

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

Answers Below:

1) When you say you add it to all charts how are you doing this specifically?

2) Not sure what you mean by this Left or Right extension?, Anyway I can get you to post a screenshot.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

3) Right Click->Properties->Set As Default Button.

4) Unfortunately Not.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

in drawing tools when you bring up the fib box it has a attach to button. i attach my template to all charts from my base chart. i however cannot delete it from a single chart without all charts being cleared.

the extensions have three points of contact, the zero point is the one that the actual fib lines come off of. that point will apply to the daily bar properly but for each of the smaller time frames it extends beyond the current day and sets on the next day.

Comment

trader1512,

Thanks for the clarification.

1.) Unfortunately, there is not a method by which to remove this object without effecting all other charts where the object exists. I will forward this on to my development team for further consideration as a future addition, however.

2.) Can you provide an image of this? I'm not sure that I follow.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

screen shot

as you can see on the daily i have my extensions attached to the previous day and the actual calculation extension attached to the new daily bar. on the 60 minute chart it ignores the new day and goes to the next day.
          Attached Files

Comment

trader1512,

Unfortunately, this does not clarify things for me.

Please walk me through your setup and explain to me what is out of place.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

on the fib extensions tool there are three movable points two independent and one associated with the zero point of the actual fib extensions. when you use the daily chart as the base chart, and apply the two independent points on a previous day price bar and the third zero point attachment to the current day price bar it paints the fib extensions on the next day not the current day session.

the first chart shows the proper layout, previous day basis for two control points and current day for zero point control point. the second chart shows the previous day basis for the two control points correctly and then the zero point control point skipping over the current day and attaching to the next day session.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting this screenshot and clarifying.

This is unfortunately expected. Since NinjaTrader cannot look into the daily bar to see where to place the linked object too it only has the open and close and high and low of each daily bar to anchor too. Which is what you would see the drawing object achored too and we do see this.

To get this to stay on the current bar you would need to keep both clicks for both points of the fib extension on the same day instead of puting the second click on the secondary day.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post Anfedport  
                Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post iceman2018