Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding the mechanics of multiday strategy execution

Hi,
    I have couple of questions regarding an automated strategy that runs on daily prices. For this example, I will use the simple SMA cross-over.

1. I'm adding the strategy to the strategy tab and I enable it. When should I expect to get the order if there's a cross-over that day? Will it show on the following open?

2. What happens between sessions? If I need to restart the application/machine. Will it 'remember' the state of the strategy and execute the order at the open [if there's a cross-over on the day before, when the strategy was running]?

3. What happens if I'm 'late' to the market, and run the application after the open, assuming it was running the day before and there was a cross over at the close. Will it still try to execute the order?

4. And on a side note. I have multiple strategies with multiple instruments. Some of them are yellow shaded and some are green - in the strategy tab. What's the difference?

Thanks!

gogetit,

correct it would be submitted on the following open, it's opening tick would close the current bar.

With NT7 strategies and their settings would be persisted, but if you reenable your strategy it would be recalculated so your strategy position could change - you then need to ensure you're in sync with your account - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._positions.htm

Yellow state would mean it would to be flat in the strategy position to start then executing live -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes