Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple accounts on one broker, subscription data feed

Hi -

I have multiple accounts with IB and I subscribe to IQ for my data. Will a single broker license work for my setup?

Thanks!

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Yes – a single broker license is sufficient for this configuration since you are only connecting to one broker (Interactive Brokers). IQ Feed is a data-only provider.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This seems to imply you can have multiple accounts into Ninja. O was told earlier that you could not. What is the story on this?

Comment

Hi Bluepoint,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to connect to Multiple Data Providers within NinjaTrader, and for more information please see the following link.

However, depending on the data provider, there may be limitations to having multiple connections, and if the multiple accounts are with more than one provider you would want to have a Multi-Broker license to be able to connect to multiple accounts. I have included our purchase options below:
        Purchase Options - Multi Broker
        The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively, you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
        • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $1,495
        • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $449
        • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $75 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not several brokers but rather several accounts with one broker. So with one broker would i see all my accounts in the control panel? Would I set a connection with each or will it show up automatically with one connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluepoint View Post
            Not several brokers but rather several accounts with one broker. So with one broker would i see all my accounts in the control panel? Would I set a connection with each or will it show up automatically with one connection?
            In order to access all accounts at the same time within NinjaTrader they all would need to use the same username and password. Once connected to your broker you would then have access to all account within the Accounts drop down menu within the order entry windows.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I trade multiple accounts at one broker too. I would like to have two NT7's running side by side. One on my forex and one on my futures account at MBT. If they have different passwords, can this be done? Another reason for this is that I sometimes trade the same futures instrument in different time frames. One time frame is an automated strategy. The other would be discretionary using ATM. This could conceivably result in having a long and short in the same instrument simultaneously, but different accounts. Any problems with this idea?

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post RookieTrader  
              Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes