Strategy works on NQ crashes on ForEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy works on NQ crashes on ForEX

Using v6.5.1000.15 with PFG. Doesn't matter if it is sim or live. Tried to send the error report in NT after the crash but the email ALWAYS times out. WinXP.

The base strat worked for intraday on NQ and now I would like to trade and hold overnight positions on FX Futures like M6E. Any thoughts why it always crashes?
    Attached Files

RDPoS, for NT 6.5 please upgrade to the latest 6.5.1000.18 release using PFG API 1.0.434 - you could do so via the Help > Download Site option in NT directly.

Then recheck if it still crashes and also what potential errors are listed in the log tab.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now running NT 6.5.1000.18 and PFG API 1.0.434 as suggested.

It ran for awhile but then crapped out and stopped trading. Here is the screen shot for the time in question.

Comment

I would need to review your trace / logs for the error you got - I feel it might be due to submitting a stop at an invalid price level - please send us your diagnostic files via the Help > Mail to Support option. Thanks.

Comment

Updated File

I updated the strat to round up or down on tick size specific to the M6E/EURUSD and now it is missing trades all the time. No reason for this to happen. I have turned off exit at close.

Attached Files

Comment

You will need to debug the strategy and it's conditions to check where it's not acting as you would expect. I suggest using Prints throughout the code to check for price levels calculated, so you can check if there should be fills based on this or not. Also a visual confirmation of an entry (like a drawn object) can be very helpful in debugging it.

Comment

Originally posted by RDPoS View Post
              ....... Tried to send the error report in NT after the crash but the email ALWAYS times out.........
              Despite stating this in the initial email you said:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              would need to review your trace / logs for the error you got - I feel it might be due to submitting a stop at an invalid price level - please send us your diagnostic files via the Help > Mail to Support option. Thanks.
              Nevertheless I tried AGAIN to send the log and trace files and AGAIN it won't send the email to support. It always responds:

Again, the strat worked perfectly in NQ, only on FX does it crap out. I read long ago that Ninjatrader had issues with FX but I thought that would have been fixed in the last year.
              How can I send you filed if email keeps crapping out?
              Last edited by RDPoS; 11-04-2010, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Since fixing the "sending to support" error is beyond the control of support to fix as per:

I am attempting to attach the trace and log files to this post.

Since the trace txt file is larger than your upload limit. More fun. I dumped it into a doc file. try opening it in wordpad, not word.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by RDPoS; 11-04-2010, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting them - I'm not seeing any strategy related errors - just connectivity issues to PFG as the conncection to the server is lost multiple times - I would suggest a fresh PFG API reinstall and rechecking if that would improve connectivity.

To debug why you see the order placement after you code changes, please work with TraceOrders as this will give you the most detail in the output window -

Comment

As you can see from your earlier post in this thread and my response, I just upgraded to the latest versions of both NT and the PFG API within the last 36 hours.

Are you suggesting that I re-reinstall the PFG API?

Comment

Originally posted by RDPoS View Post
                      As you can see from your earlier post in this thread and my response, I just upgraded to the latest versions of both NT and the PFG API within the last 36 hours.

Are you suggesting that I re-reinstall the PFG API?
                      I would give it a try as historically we've seen those errors from either a corrupted API install or PFG server issues.

Comment

Ok, will do on the reinstall.

Is there anything specific that I should be looking for to see if it is a good or corrupt install?

I have a question that may solve most of the issues I have experienced.

Say you are working with a strategy and you let it run for a couple days on a specific asset for testing, say M6E. During that time it generates some orders effectively and doesn't work for a few others.

Then let's say you make a change to the strategy after a couple days of orders were generated and restart.

Is it true that those orders that were previously generated on the initial run on M6E over those two days will the previous orders generated under forward testing still be there even under reloading because show up in the control center?

If restarting the updated strategy would these old orders be enough to throw off the strategy during the time that the old orders were forward tested, but leaving it unaffected during the new strategy's forward testing regime?

Does that make sense?

Comment

RDPoS, unfortunately there's no direct way to tell about the install other than a smoothly working operation.

If cancel orders on strategy termination is checked, the strategy would cancel it's orders when you disable / reenable it.

On top of that it would be very important to be in sync as far as your strategy vs account position goes - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post burtoninlondon  
                          Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes