Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 built-in indicators won't plot after upgrade

Hi NT Technical Staff,

I just upgraded today to NT7 (from NT 6.5). The built-in indicator list is practically empty, and when I tried to plot one of the few indicators listed it failed to do so, and I received the following error message:

"Unable to create instance of 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.EMA.' Most likely the implementation no longer exists or there is no default constructor defined, or the default constructor does not work correctly. System Type Initialization Exception: the type initializer for 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.Indicator' threw an exception. → System.I"
    When I checked the log in the control center, I saw virtually the same exact message for many (of what I assume to be) built-in indicators (even though almost none of them are in the indicator list for the open chart). However, the scripts for all of these indicators does appear to exist, when I checked under "Edit NinjaScript." (Of course I did not attempt to edit any of them; I was just checking to see if they existed.)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you may have to fix this difficult issue (which I haven't encountered before, and don't know how to remedy).

Cheers,

"Dr. Fager"

Hello

Thank you for your post.

So that I can see what might be taking place in the background, please send us your log & trace files for today.

You can find these in your (My) Documents folder at the file path:
    1. NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
    2. NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

(see screenshots for examples)

Just attach these text (.txt) files to your email/response. Send this to support AT ninjatrader DOT com

Thank you,
    Attached Files
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks very much for your help, Chip - and I've just emailed the requested files to [email protected]. Cheers, drfager

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post burtoninlondon  
      Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post AaronKoRn