Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Australian Stocks?

Hi,

I notice on the release notes that NT now can trade in Australian stocks. How can I do this?

I use IB and I notice in the Market Data Subscription page an entry: "Australian Stock Exchange Non-Professional", I gather this is what I need to subscribe to?

cheers,
    Antraman

>> I notice on the release notes that NT now can trade in Australian stocks. How can I do this?
    Just assign Default and Asx exchange to your australian stock.

>>
    I use IB and I notice in the Market Data Subscription page an entry: "Australian Stock Exchange Non-Professional", I gather this is what I need to subscribe to?
    Sorry, I don't know. Please ask IB is this is the ASX exchange.

Comment

[QUOTE=NinjaTrader_Dierk;16886]>>Just assign Default and Asx exchange to your australian stock.

OK, I've found Default in the Instrument lists, but not ASX Exchange in the Description.

Comment

- please make sure you are on 6.0.1000.5
        - Asx is the 6th from the top in the instrument manager as you edit an instrument

Comment

Yes, I'm running 6.0.1000.5

6th from the top I have Mexican Pesos...6M

Comment

Please consult the docs for how to edit an instrument: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

The "Exchanges" list box in the right holds the Asx exchange.

Comment

OK, I found ASX in the exchange list in Edit Instruments, I tick that, and ASX comes up in the Centre panel list of available master instruments.

I select ASX from the Exchange drop menu at the bottom, then click the arrow to add. ASX comes up in the Instrument lists on the left panel....but then what?

I get ASX in the Charts, but not the DOM.

Also, where is the list of Australian stocks? All I have is one entry "ASX" Theres thousands of Aus. stocks...or do I just select the exchange and choose a company that I wish to trade in and enter its 3 letter symbol onto the Instrument list?

thanks in advance...
              Antraman

Comment

Antraman,

What happens if you enter the stock symbol in the instrument section of the SuperDOM? Does data come in?

We don't have a list for Australian Stocks. Enter the symbol in the instrument section of the DOM and data should come in for them.

Vince
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll have to play around with it tomorrow when the ASX is open. Its 1.30am here at the moment...I've got a few avenues I can check now before I ask for further help. Thanks

Comment

ASX & Other Markets

Hi,
                    1. I am having a similar problem...I can, for example, get BHP to chart but prices do not appear in Dynamic SDOM. I am new user so it mabe my familiarity with NT. However, when I load AUDUSD (even though the market is closed) I do get price data in D SDOM.
                    2. Does NT have additional symbol lists for other exchanges than those that accompany install? Where do I find them?
                    3. My current data sources is e-signal and i plan to add IB and Zen-fire when I go "live" with NT...Does NT or another user have an expanded symbol list incorporating other exchanges in the appropriate format?
                    4. Alternatively I am seeking assistance in exporting symbol lists from E-Signal?!
                    Thank you

B9999

Comment

1. Equities are not support in the SuperDOM
                      2. Unfortunately not, however you can add instruments yourself in the Instrument Manager.
                      4. Not sure about getting a symbol list out of eSignal but you can import a list in NT via File > Utilities > Import Stock List
                      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Exporting Symbol List

Thank you...
                        1. Once a list is created in NT can the list be exported such that it can be easily loaded to another computer running the NT platform? I would hate to have to do it twice...
                        2. If using the Instrument Manager to upload instruments...is it possible to incorporate the E-Signal or other provider symbol map or must each symbol be edited manually in regards to misc data?...

Comment

1) You can not export instrument set uup in NT
                          2) File->Utilities->Import stocklist will import stocks and set mappings (including eSignal) accordingly

Comment

Derek,
                            I've got issues with Volume on the ASX market just like some of the stocks have 3 decimal places on equities.

Can you please suggest to the developers to implement not to divide the volume by 1,000 as the volume here in Australia not as large. This might be useful when I'm importing Equities code, specifying the default number decimal places and if volume should be divided by 1000.

regards

paul

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                            1) You can not export instrument set uup in NT
                            2) File->Utilities->Import stocklist will import stocks and set mappings (including eSignal) accordingly

Comment

Not sure I follow: NT would not divide any stock volume by 100.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Kaledus
                              by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes