Unable to start NT 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to start NT 6.5

I have been using NT6.5 for a while now and today all of a sudden it crashed in the middle of the session. When I try to re-start clicking on NT6.5 Icon it starts installation and gives me an error message which I am enclosing.
    At this point what are my options? Would I loose all my data as I don't have any backup?
    I tried re-installing but I would get another error message which says " unable to download". I am confused and appreciate help.
    thanks
    Attached Files

Hello vk279,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. With this procedure you will not lose any of your Charts, Workspaces, etc.
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
    4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    5. Reboot your machine.
    6. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
      Download
    Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any way that I can keep my Data, Templates and Indicators from my earlier installation before deleting everything? thx

Comment

The procedure outlined will not delete any of your data, templates, workspaces, etc. Everything will remain as it is presently.

Comment

Thank you. I will follow the procedure and report back.

thx

Comment

Hi christopher,
            I did follow all the steps but I still have same problem. I keep getting the same error message. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

Comment

This indicates that the uninstaller file is missing since the customer may have used registry/cleaning software that removed the uninstaller file.

You need to use the Microsoft Uninstaller Tool to Uninstall NinjaTrader. Once NinjaTrader is uninstalled you will be able to install NinjaTrader successfully. The uninstaller tool takes 5 seconds to run once installed on the system. Once you run the uninstaller tool select NinjaTrader from the list and select remove. Now NinjaTrader will install successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                This indicates that the uninstaller file is missing since the customer may have used registry/cleaning software that removed the uninstaller file.

You need to use the Microsoft Uninstaller Tool to Uninstall NinjaTrader. Once NinjaTrader is uninstalled you will be able to install NinjaTrader successfully. The uninstaller tool takes 5 seconds to run once installed on the system. Once you run the uninstaller tool select NinjaTrader from the list and select remove. Now NinjaTrader will install successfully.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
                Hi Christopher,
                Above link doesn't have the windows Uninstaller Utility. It says

"This article previously contained a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe). If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing a product other than Microsoft Office, please contact your software manufacturer for installation support on the product.

While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The Fix it Solutions in this article provide the ability to fully remove Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 suites without damaging other Windows components."

Is there any other alternative. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello vk279,

The following is an alternate link to the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility: http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Instal...ity_d4459.html
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I installed the cleanup uitlity from the above link and I don't see Ninjatrader in the list.
                    What should be my next step?

Thanks

Comment

vk279,

If you open the programs menu within the Windows Control Panel, is NinjaTrader listed?

Comment

No I don't see NinjaTrader listed there

Comment

vk279,

Thanks for the clarification.

Please try reinstalling. Does the reisntall occur successfully?

Comment

Yes I did try installing and I keep getting the same error message which says " Failed to download NinjaTrader"

Comment

vk279,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post futtrader  
                              Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes