Problem with bund L2 data 10/18/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with bund L2 data 10/18/2010

I'm sure others are aware of the issue but I'm curious if there is anything we can do about it. I trade Bund and I'm not getting any level 2.

The current price updates but the bid/ask data on the DOM doesn't move.

Last edited by cunparis; 10-18-2010, 06:47 AM.

Hello cunparis,

Can you please tell me to what connectivity provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

Does it make a difference if you close the current SuperDOM and open up a new one?

Do you see bid and ask data updated in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using zenfire, sorry I forgot to mention that.

I tried everything even quitting ninja. I got L2 for other markets so it seemed to be a problem with Bund. And it's working now.

Is there a webpage we can check for zenfire data issues??

Comment

Hello cunparis,

Good to hear it is working again.

Unfortunately I am not aware of such a webpage. You can find the Zen-Fire homepage at the link below.
        Secure the right domain name for your business or website today. Custom tailored payment plans available to fit any budget.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello cunparis,

Good to hear it is working again.

Unfortunately I am not aware of such a webpage. You can find the Zen-Fire homepage at the link below.
          http://www.zen-fire.com/
          Now there is no data at all. Trying to get ES but I get nothing.

Is it just me??

Comment

I suggest to perform a restart of NinjaTrader and check if this will make a difference.

Do you see any error messages in the Control Center-->Log-tab? If so, please let me know what they state.

Comment

I restarted, no difference. Then about 10 minutes later it came back on without me changing anything. So I know it's not on my end. Must be zenfire problems today. it'd be nice if there was a status page so we know when zenfire is down and we can make alternate arrangements.

Comment

I spoke too soon. I have L2 for ES but for ZN no L2. Very frustrating. How am I supposed to trade when I don't have data??

I hope someone else can confirm this problem so it's not just me.

Comment

I receive L2 data for the ZN 12-10 as expected. Can you please check if market depth is enabled for the SuperDOM in question. Try creating a new SuperDOM as well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting it now. As I said for ES, I started getting it without any changes on my part. Using the same DOM as always.

I'm quite sure there is an intermittent problem but until someone else experiences it we won't know for sure..

Comment

Did you create a new SuperDOM or was market depth not enabled? Or did you receive L2 data without any changes for the ZN as well?

In addition, do you perhaps notice any consistencies when the issue occurs?

Comment

I hadn't done anything, it just started working.

Now I noticed there was a lag on my DOM. So I exit and restart and I get no data at all. I have another application which uses the zen-fire feed and it's not getting data either. So there is something wrong. I don't think it's on my computer because I haven't changed anything. Plus when I started I loaded an empty workspace that has nothing on it but a DOM. And even on the orders tab I don't have data.

Now since I started writing this I get ES data but there is a lag.

I don't think I can trust zenfire for my trading. I have no idea if it's me or zenfire and there doesn't seem to be any way to find out.

Meanwhile, tradestation, x-trader, & IQFeed & IB TWS are allworking perfectly no this computer.

Now ES L2 just came on all by itself but the L2 data is not updating and it's wrong. What could cause this??? I just rebooted my computer an hour ago. This has been going on all day and I haven't changed anything since Friday when it worked fine.

Comment

Same problem today and now I'm screwed. Markets open in 5 minutes and I have no data. Nothing in the log or trace. Just no data. It really looks like a zenfire problem and not a ninja problem but I have no way to know.

Comment

About 5 minutes later the price comes on but not L2. And then 10 minutes later L2 comes on. This is really strange. I've been using Ninja for 2 years now and I've never seen anything like this.

Can someone at ninjatrader talk to zenfire to see if they're having problems? I'm in Europe so maybe it's an issue affecting europe and not the US? I see someone else had a data problem yesterday there is a post about it.

Comment

Around midnight Berlin time we got a notification from ZenFire that there would be some emergency maintenance due between
                              PLANNED WORK START:
                              Monday, 18OCT2010 22:00 CST (19OCT2010 03:00 UTC)

PLANNED WORK END
                              Tuesday 19OCT2010 04:00 CST (19OCT2010 10:00 UTC)

According that notification EUREX instruments could be impacted.

May be that's what you experienced. I suggest contacting your broker for clarification.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post LiamTwine  
                              Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes