Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator export/import broken

Hello,

I don't know where to post this, but I have a serious problem with my custom indicators that I made and that I downloaded from here. It all began when I tried to export one single indicator that I made, that passed as being correct by the compiler. It didn't let me export it and quit the process with an error message, leaving me with a disabled indicator. Of course I was unable to compile a new or correct an old indicator, as it would quit with the same error messages.
    I later found out, that it didn't matter what indicator I tried to export, it would always come up with the same error. I then downgraded NT6 from Version 0005 to 0004 (which I still have installed), which of course was of no use. I can delete my indicators that failed during export though, making it possible to import again, but as soon as I try to export again: same problem.
    I deleted and then rebuild my whole profile with only the necessary templates, database and with only one custom indicator, but no use.
    I solved the problem by deleting all files in the "bin\custom\tmp" directory and restarting the application.

Export still doesnt work

I have a trace log (it's in german) with these lines that I got after exporting a random indicator:

2007-09-26 09:08:55:578 WARNING: Error compiling export sources: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Chefboss\Eigene Dateien\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator\DinapoliStochastic.cs(55,9) : error CS0103: Der Name MIN ist im aktuellen Kontext nicht vorhanden.

2007-09-26 09:08:55:578 WARNING: Error compiling export sources: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Chefboss\Eigene Dateien\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator\DinapoliStochastic.cs(56,10 ) : error CS0103: Der Name MAX ist im aktuellen Kontext nicht vorhanden.

2007-09-26 09:08:55:578 WARNING: Error compiling export sources: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Chefboss\Eigene Dateien\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator\DinapoliStochastic.cs(56,33 ) : error CS0103: Der Name MIN ist im aktuellen Kontext nicht vorhanden.

2007-09-26 09:08:55:578 WARNING: Error compiling export sources: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Chefboss\Eigene Dateien\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator\DinapoliStochastic.cs(58,14 ) : error CS0118: NinjaTrader.Indicator.EMA ist ein Typ, wird jedoch als Variable verwendet.

2007-09-26 09:08:55:578 WARNING: Error compiling export sources: c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Chefboss\Eigene Dateien\NinjaTrader 6\bin\Custom\Indicator\DinapoliStochastic.cs(59,14 ) : error CS0118: NinjaTrader.Indicator.EMA ist ein Typ, wird jedoch als Variable verwendet.

Delta

Apparently your installation is screwed up. I suggest starting from scratch and deleting all custom indicators and custom imports.

- uninstall NT6
    - manually backup <my documents>/NinjaTrader6/bin/Custom folder to a different location
    - manually remove <my documents>/NinjaTrader6/bin/Custom folder
    - reinstall latest NT6
    - pull up any indicator in the editor and press F5 -> should work

Note: You NEVER should manually remove/delete/rename files or folder in your NT installation unless advised by our support team.

Comment

Thanks for responding that quick. I did everything you said, this time I didn't import one single indicator of my own, but downloaded a working one from the forums. Importing works, but as soon as I try to export it, it fails. I cannot even delete it, because it complains about some dependencies, which I can't see.
      I have a totally fresh installation and a completely new profile folder (I deleted my old one), I even didn't use my old templates. I have no charts open, either. Just the main window.
      I also opened one of my custom indicator .cs files in notepad and copied it over to the Ninjascript editor. It compiled fine, but export failed.

So still no luck.

Maybe it's an old registry-entry from the previous versions, that doesn't get deleted on uninstall. I ran a registry cleaner after uninstall of NT6. Or maybe files in a different folder, that interfere somehow?

I don't know.

Delta

Comment

Please repeat steps below and let me know the results. Does the random indicator you pulled up in the editor compile as expected?

Please neither import anything nor touch your registry!

Comment

Also: You only should edit NinjaScript indicators and strategies by the NT Editor and NEVER in any other editor.

Again: Only manage/edit/import/export/delete any NinjaScript object ONLY by the NT editor and the NT menu items unless advised otherwise by our support team.

Comment

Please repeat steps below and let me know the results. Does the random indicator you pulled up in the editor compile as expected?
            Yes, they all do. Whether its my own or the downloaded one. No errors so far. I can work with them and put them on a chart. No problem.

Please neither import anything nor touch your registry!
            Normally I don't touch the registry, just this one time. I had to import one indicator though, because there were none there to compile.

This is the error message I get on export (see picture):
            Attached Files

Comment

Please repeat all steps as per below and DO NOT IMPORT ANYTHING (as adivsed by my posts #2 and #4), but pull up e.g. the EMA indicator in editor and press F5. Does it compile?

Comment

Before exporting, it would compile.
                Now, after exporting, the compiler window always gives me this error message:
                Attached Files

Comment

Our support staff will get in touch with you shortly for further assistance.

Which indicator did you try to import and export? Do you have a link or could you please attach it here?

Comment

It's this one: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3182

But it's also any other indicator, that I downloaded from here, and of course my own. I don't think they all have errors.

Comment

Hi Delta88:

Thank you for your reply.

I just sent you a PM message so we can follow up with questions about your setup. These questions may ask for secure/sensitive information about your pc that you may not prefer to post in a public forum.

Best regards,
                      RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you again for your help Ryan and Dierk. Uninstalling and reinstalling NET Framework 2.0 solved the problem, as suggested in the emails I received from you.

Everything works as it should.

Delta88

Comment

hello,

I have the same problem. I have Vista, installed Net Framework 3.5 and doesn't work. Would you please be a bit more specific how to export strategies without the error? Strategies, indicators are ok and tested.

best regards

kittyan
                          [IMG]file:///C:/Kriston%20Kriszti%C3%A1n/error.jpg[/IMG]
                          [IMG]file:///C:/Users/KRISZT%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/KRISZT%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/KRISZT%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]
                          Attached Files

Comment

Please install Mircrosoft .Net 2.0 from the link below.

.Net Framework 2.0:
                            http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en
                            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello,

downloaded, installed, result attached:

"error: product already installed; product is already installed as part of the operating system"

i run vista business, NT 6.5.0.8 and in the add/remove programs application net framework could not have been seen before I installed net framework from the link you advised

other tip ?

regards
                              kittyan
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn