Account Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Groups

I would like to try using the accounts group to enter orders. I only do discretionary trading.

1. Is it possible to have two simulation accounts in NT7 to form an account group for testings? If not, can you suggest a way to become familiar with using Account Groups without using a live account?

2. When submitting an order to the Account Group, can Stop Loss and Profit Targets be included ?

Hi ThatManFromTexas,

Thank you for your post.

1. If you have a Live Edition License you can go to Tools-->Options-->Simulator and hit the Accounts button to create a new simulated account that you can add to a created an account group. This feature would only work with a Live Edition License because of the ability to manually select the account you trade.

2. Yes, when applying an ATM strategy to an Account Group the ATM strategy will be applied to each component account but any manual modifications thereafter will need to made to each individual account.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Orders filled for account group even when other account selected.

I was able to get everything set up ; an account group that consists of two simulation accounts. Everything worked the way it was supposed to while sim trading.

However, When I was trading my one live account, the system would handle all of the live orders correctly, but would also announce target fills, stop fills etc., for the simulation account group even though I had my live account selected.

I deleted the account group , closed Ninja Trader and reopened it, and the problem continued. I deleted the "new" simulation account rebooted the computer and the problem stopped.

Comment

Hi,

Since removing the old simulation account resolved the fills you were seeing, can you please re-create your account group for live trading with live accounts.

Then please see if the issue persists now that the simulated account is no longer present, and then if the issue does not persist please create the other simulation account and then see if with all of the same created accounts the issue persists.

If so can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please include your log and trace files so that we can review those diagnostic files.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
        Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

Comment

1. I deleted the account group. When that did not solve the problem, I then deleted the NEW simulation account. I did not delete the original sim account.

2. No offense but, I am not really anxious to help debug NT by trying this live with my money to see if NT will malfunction again.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I am curious that if after removing the created simulation account and then creating a new account group the issue persists, and if not if you were to re-create the same simulation account if the account group would still function as expected.

Previously, you had created the simulation account first, then the simulation account group, and then the live account group, and now I am interested since the issue was resolved by removing your created simulation account if the issue persists following re-creating that same simulation account, without the simulated account group.

I understand and it is not necessary to test this outside of your routine trading, but just if the steps above still allow the account group to function as expected, and having access to created simulation account.

Comment

How about we try that with your money....

Comment

Hi ThatManFromTexas,

Regarding this issue can you please send an email to Support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please include a phone number, and please reference this forum thread, and ATTN RyanO

I would like to contact you and remotely assist to gain more specific information in case I am misunderstanding, and I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                  Hi ThatManFromTexas,

Regarding this issue can you please send an email to Support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please include a phone number, and please reference this forum thread, and ATTN RyanO

I would like to contact you and remotely assist to gain more specific information in case I am misunderstanding, and I look forward to assisting further.
                  At my age, life is too short to spend it debugging someone else' s software. I'll try it again after the next version comes out. Thanks for your offer.

My Daddy always said, "Son, no one wants to be a pioneer ... ya know what a pioneer is don't ya... a pioneer is the guy that ends up in the ditch with arrows in his back."

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Massinisa  
                  Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Creamers