Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allocating DIFFERENT amounts of stock to sub-accounts in IB FA account

Hi,

I would like to trade a strategy on a portfolio of stocks AND allocate differently-sized positions to several individual accounts using an IB FA Account. I understand that NinjaTrader allows to define Account Groups as well - but these do not seem to allow different position sizes for its constituents.

How can I solve this?
    Idea 1: Apply the strategy on a per-instrument/per-account basis with different position sizes. However, using NDX100 stocks and 9 accounts that would equate to 900 lines in the "Strategy" grid. Can NT handle that much?

Idea 2: Access different accounts from a NinjaScript, if possible, and simply make the capital allocation logic part of the strategy. How can I access different accounts in one instance of a NinjaScript?

Many thanks!

Hi,

1) We have never tested 900 simulateneous strategies so I can't comment where you may run into performance issues. I do not recommend this approach since its not practical to add 900 strategies to the Strategies tab.

2) Access to different accounts in a strategy is not supported.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way around this at this time.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT Performance

OK, thanks for the quick reply - that brings up two more questions:
      • How many strategies/instruments can realistically be run in parallel using just one instance of NT? When does it become unstable, if at all?
      • Does the purchase of one license allow executing NT on more than one machine?
      Thanks and best regards

Comment

Automated Trading

Hello,

1) You can run as many strategies and instruments as you would like with one instance of NinjaTrader. Just keep in mind for every additional thing you are doing, the more memory is being used.

2) Yes, you can use the live license on as many PC's as you would like. You will only be able to run one instance of the license at a time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JoMoon2024  
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa