Ninja trader for trading technologies - charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja trader for trading technologies - charts

I am using ninja trader for trading technologies. I am not able to view charts for the period before I started using. Also, charts are only displayed for the time ninja trader is open. Is there any way, I can get chart for all the time periods (before I started the program first and also for the time when I am not running ninja trader).

Thanks

Hello trader_joe_es

Thank you for your post.

Trading Technologies does not provide historical data themselves. However as a courtesy NinjaTrader records data to their servers for customer use.

When connected to Trading Technologies in order to access historical Tick and Minute data you must be using a Live NinjaTrader license key. If you are using a Free simulation key you will then only receive real time data.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Charting with ninja trader

Thanks. So, once I obtain the license for Ninja trader and go live, can I view current as well as historical charts? You had mentioned that TT does not provide historical data. So, who provides data for historical charts if I have Ninja trader license.

Thanks

Comment

i have trading technolgoeis

the historical data is saved within ninja trader severs

as far as i can tell they are accurate

Comment

Trading Technologies Settings

I have a lifetime license for NinjaTrader. I am using NT version 8. Where can I obtain the settings to connect to Trading Technologies price servers to see my account activity in NinjaTrader?

Thanks

Comment

Hello sjv5150,

Below is a link to the Trading Technologies connection guide for NinjaTrader 8

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) This looks like a connection guide for NT 7, is it the just the same for NT 8?

2) Can you use another data provider for data (Rithmic or Continuum for example), and just send orders through the TT connection? How is the configuration done?

Is there a place for updated information on this? Thanks.

Comment

Hello mohawkTrader,

Thank you for your note.

Due to limited use and low user feedback during the beta period, we removed the Trading Technologies adapter from NinjaTrader 8. Users can still connect to their brokerage by using NinjaTrader 7. Using multiple connections should be possible as well, simply ensure you are connecting to the other data provider first so it is considered your primary data provider.

For more information on multiple connections in NinjaTrader 7, please see our help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Is it possible to again test this beta version for NinjaTrader 8? I'd be happy to look at it.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for using an old thread but it is exactly my topic and provides some history to it.

In October 2020 it seems that a connection to TT was possible with NT7 but currently it is not anymore? I tried 7.0.1000.43 which should be the latest available version for NT7.

Is there any possibility to connect NT7 or NT8 with TT? Which versions have been the latest with an TT adapter?

Thanks in advance
                    Joerg
                    Last edited by Joerg; 08-27-2023, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Hello Joerg​,
                      Thank you for your post.

Trading Technologies adapter has been removed from NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 and it's no longer possible to connect to Trading Technologies.​
                      Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Oxana,

thank you for your answer. This is really a pity because TT seems to be the only data provider which allows intraday-data backfill for futures for more than 1 year. Could you pls. tell me which versions have been the last ones with a TT adapter, maybe it is still working and I could at least process an initial backfill of data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post chbruno
                        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes