ATM doesn't follow strategy properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM doesn't follow strategy properly

I don't understand how the ATM calculates its profit targets.. I have a strategy for 3 cars, 1st set to 4 ticks, second to 7 ticks, and final to 16....

When i do the first order its fine, but when i add or scale in, it puts all my adds towards the first target. Why doesn't it split it up into 3 different targets? Thats the whole point. Unfortunately, i can't hit the ADD target button since i can only have 3 targets to begin with...

I also asked if you guys can implement this along time ago, but i still haven't seen it yet. You need to disable the scroll bar for the contract size box.. Sometimes people want to scoll up the price, and may accidentaly increase contract size if they didn't click outside the box...

Hello playafh69,

Thank you for your post.

Both of these items are as expected currently. I will forward your comments here on to my development team for further consideration, however.

Thank you for your feedback.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Have you guys considered having the option on having more than 3 targets?

Also, there are times when you select the wrong strategy, is there any way where you can cancel all orders, and push the atm OCO strategy with the pre-exisitng position? ( meaning send the OCO order when there wasn't one chosen to start with)..

If your confused by what i mean, the infinity AT platform has a function called sendmultiexitorder... that would be a nice feature to have..

Finally, would it be possible to scale in, and have those as your second or 3rd target, where as it going all to the first target on all your scales..
      Or, at the minimum, have the target from the scale point, instead of the original position...
      so the way ninja works.. if i have my first target at 5 ticks, i go long at 100, first target is 105, if i scale at 98, it adds it to 105, as opposed to 103(98+5)... Thats what it should be doing, at least as an option....

Comment

Hello playafh69,

I will forward your suggestion to support more than 3 targets in ATM strategies to Development to put it on the list of future considerations of the software.

Unfortunately this is not supported. However you can cancel the ATM orders and subsequently submit manual OCO orders.

In addition, you will need to set 'ATM strategy selection mode' to 'KeepSelectedATMStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission' . That way the ATM orders will be submitted at the prices defined by the ATM strategy and they will not be combined. More information can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.. im aware of the keep "KeepSelectedATMStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission" , however, the problem with that is if im in a position already and i want to exit quickly and don't have time to move my limit, i have to go either market or limit out quickly, and if i do that, it will submit another oco order instead of close out the position. I think there should be a feature that doesn't submit the oco order again if your just trying to close the position...

Comment

Hello playafh69,

I'll forward that suggestion on to development for further consideration.

Thank you for your feedback!
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please do make sure they spend at least some time considering this. Its not a big feautre, and i believe the point and example i gave was very valid...... I hope its not an auto-reply. These are very important since ninja was original built to be a trading platform first. You need to be able to do the rapid order entry without worrying about extra unnecessary positions, specially when its a tick away from your target and you have to go market to scale it out. I don't want 4 orders if i do that.
              NT7 made great improvements on the engine and charting side, but there were no improvements on the DOM....

If not, it would make subscribing to it pointless since it would be safer to manually do everything.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite  
              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes